• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now why would you need a gun in Chesapeake?

IrRelevant

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/Norfolk-teen-killed-in-Chesapeake-100261189.html

CHESAPEAKE -- No charges will be filed in the death of a Norfolk teen shot and killed in Chesapeake earlier this month.

Jerrell Rogers, 18, of Greenleaf Drive, was wounded on Sunrise Avenue around 9:15 p.m. on August 7. He died at the hospital.

The Chesapeake Commonwealth’s Attorney reviewed evidence in the case and determined the shooter, who was fired upon as he was outside with his family, was justified in his actions.

A police news release said Rogers was with Robbie Norfleet, a 20-year-old from Norfolk, at the time.

Norfleet is in jail on five counts each of attempt malicious wounding and use of a firearm "for offenses that occurred just prior to Mr. Rogers’ death," the release adds.

Sounds like a clean shot/good riddance to me...opinions!?

wylde007

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/Norfolk-teen-killed-in-Chesapeake-100261189.html

CHESAPEAKE -- No charges will be filed in the death of a Norfolk teen shot and killed in Chesapeake earlier this month.

Jerrell Rogers, 18, of Greenleaf Drive, was wounded on Sunrise Avenue around 9:15 p.m. on August 7. He died at the hospital.

The Chesapeake Commonwealth’s Attorney reviewed evidence in the case and determined the shooter, who was fired upon as he was outside with his family, was justified in his actions.

A police news release said Rogers was with Robbie Norfleet, a 20-year-old from Norfolk, at the time.

Norfleet is in jail on five counts each of attempt malicious wounding and use of a firearm "for offenses that occurred just prior to Mr. Rogers’ death," the release adds.

Sounds like a clean shot/good riddance to me...opinions!?
And since the assailant died and Mr. Norfleet was arrested for related felony charges, this is now Murder 2.

Bye, bye, Mr. Norfleet.

TFred

Oh, I get it now... Mr. Norfleet is not the shooter who will not be charged, but was an accomplice to the deceased, who was participating in the actions that got him shot.

The article could be a little clearer on that point...

TFred