• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

springfield champion

SPRINGFIELDMAN-21

I already have a 45 xd tactical that i OC with but it isnt as concealable as id like. I am going to be getting my CWP in the next month or to and i need something thats a bit easier so conceal. I found a springfield champion 45 that i really like so i was wondering if anyone owns/has shot one. I want to know about the reliability, accuracy, ease of operation, and ease of field stripping/cleaning. Id appreciate any and all feed back

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion on your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

daddy4count

I have a XD 45 Tactical as well... no problems concealing it.

I'm not a big guy... 5'10 and 170lbs

In the summer and often year round I wear a DeSantis IWB at my six. I can just about wear anything over it to conceal and it works great.

I have CC'd with my SERPA but I don't recommend it... sticks out a bit much as you can imagine.

I keep it in a Galco 3-Slot COP holster at 5-o'clock when I have a jacket or good cover shirt to work with.

Always hangs on my 1.5" Galco reinforced gun belt. A good belt is your best friend when carrying, but in particular when CCing. More stable, more supportive.

Plus you get the added bonus squeak of stiff leather on leather... I call it "cop walk"

;)

SPRINGFIELDMAN-21

thanks for the input ill have to look into the DeSantis IWB or the Galco 3-Slot COP holster. and ive also been looking for a good carry belt thanks again for your help.

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
I have a Springfield champion that is my primary carry weapon. while it is not as lite as some of the plastic weapons out there, it really isnt to bad to carry. Its function and reliability are good ive had no problems with it. field stripping for cleaning is pretty easy along the lines of any 1911 style. The final decesion should come down to what you are comfortable with and feel what is acceptable for defense.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Not sure if you know, but there are a couple or a few Springfield Champion models. I've owned 2 different versions.

First one was a stainless fully-loaded model. Second one was a GI Champion. I personally liked both pistols, but I'd say the fully-loaded version is the way to go. Going GI you may as well have the 5 or 6 inch versions.

You'll like the Champion, but realize it's much heavier than the XD. Pancake holsters are a blessing for that reason.