• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member of the family- Redhawk .45

Hammer

Tho I have used and carried semi-autos a lot more than wheelguns, I have always had an affinity for six-shooters. They feel good in my hand, they are less prone to stoppages, and best of all, you can load up some elephant stopping loads in the guns capable of handling high pressures.
So I got this Redhawk 4" .45 LC To me it is a good size to carry, whether open or concealed. I make up some 300 gr loads that would stop any N American game, tho I would not choose a 4" tube as my hunter.
Now to get a spring kit for it, a holster- a pretty wheelgun deserves good leather, no black plastic on this piece....
An' a speed loader or 2. Tried the speedloaders for .44, they are just a bit too small as one might expect....
I think I'll look around for the Rosewood grips from a full size Redhawk, too. Much prettier
DSCN2513.jpg

69Charger

Very NICE.
I wouldn't want to be lookin down the business end of that moose stopper. :)
It deserves a good slab of leather.
Dave

Batousaii

Love Ruger Revolvers!

Very nice choice indeed! - My favorite OC arm is a Ruger .45 Colt too, an old Vaquero to be exact. Love the moose stopping ability, and I agree about nice wood too. Even stiff loads are just fine with steel back strap-n-wood, my little wife can handle the 255 grainers at 1100 fps just fine. We also have a GP100 in 357 mag. Ruger really does make a great hand cannon.

:cool: Bat

k.rollin

Nice piece! I've got me one a bit like it (about 3.5" longer) and in .41 Magnum flavor, but I love it. It was my first handgun; got it when I was 18 with a Winchester 1200 as a trade for my old motorcycle (1983 Yamaha DT100K).
DSC_00132.jpg