• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salt Lake City Justice Court

Utah_Patriot

Today in Salt Lake City justice court I appeared to contest a speeding ticket issued by Salt Lake City Police department and to set it for trial.

I appeared before Justice Court Judge Virginia Ward
who told me when I appear for trial I can not were my Empty holster and informed me I was a trouble maker and a constitutionalist.

When I asked for a Trial she scolded me again and asked me who was "Was filling my head with this information"

I asked for a morning trial and she was rude and asked me why I wanted a morning trial. I told her I had to work. She then said I will inform the other judge of your history and inform her you can't have your empty holster.

This judge was rude very mad at me just because I chose not to plead guilty, I carried a empty holster into court and I had a Utah Code book in my hand.

Not sure where to go with this except filling a complaint with the court.

Last edited:

LovesHisXD45

Here is a good website. It has information you will need to file the complaint against the judge. There is a form you can download by clicking the link about complaints on the left side.

http://jcc.utah.gov/reports/index.html

I hope you had your digital recorder going. Nail that biased POS bitch to the wall. Making rude comments that you are a "constitutionalist" and "trouble maker" simply because you wish to apply and exercise your rights is an intimidation tactic, breach of ethics and the judicial code of conduct. How in the hell do these ignorant people get into our government?

Kevin

aadvark

Article I, Section 1. [Inherent and inalienable rights.]
All men have the inherent and inalienable right to enjoy and defend their lives and liberties; to acquire, possess and protect property; to worship according to the dictates of their consciences; to assemble peaceably, protest against wrongs, and petition for redress of grievances; to communicate freely their thoughts and opinions, being responsible for the abuse of that right.
Article I, Section 2. [All political power inherent in the people.]
All political power is inherent in the people; and all free governments are founded on their authority for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter or reform their government as the public welfare may require.
Article I, Section 6. [Right to bear arms.]
The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms for security and defense of self, family, others, property, or the state, as well as for other lawful purposes shall not be infringed; but nothing herein shall prevent the Legislature from defining the lawful use of arms.
Article I, Section 7. [Due process of law.]
No person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property, without due process of law.
Article I, Section 10. [Trial by jury.]
In capital cases the right of trial by jury shall remain inviolate. In capital cases the jury shall consist of twelve persons, and in all other felony cases, the jury shall consist of no fewer than eight persons. In other cases, the Legislature shall establish the number of jurors by statute, but in no event shall a jury consist of fewer than four persons. In criminal cases the verdict shall be unanimous. In civil cases three-fourths of the jurors may find a verdict. A jury in civil cases shall be waived unless demanded.
Article I, Section 11. [Courts open -- Redress of injuries.]
All courts shall be open, and every person, for an injury done to him in his person, property or reputation, shall have remedy by due course of law, which shall be administered without denial or unnecessary delay; and no person shall be barred from prosecuting or defending before any tribunal in this State, by himself or counsel, any civil cause to which he is a party.
Article I, Section 12. [Rights of accused persons.]
In criminal prosecutions the accused shall have the right to appear and defend in person and by counsel, to demand the nature and cause of the accusation against him, to have a copy thereof, to testify in his own behalf, to be confronted by the witnesses against him, to have compulsory process to compel the attendance of witnesses in his own behalf, to have a speedy public trial by an impartial jury of the county or district in which the offense is alleged to have been committed, and the right to appeal in all cases. In no instance shall any accused person, before final judgment, be compelled to advance money or fees to secure the rights herein guaranteed. The accused shall not be compelled to give evidence against himself; a wife shall not be compelled to testify against her husband, nor a husband against his wife, nor shall any person be twice put in jeopardy for the same offense.
Where the defendant is otherwise entitled to a preliminary examination, the function of that examination is limited to determining whether probable cause exists unless otherwise provided by statute. Nothing in this constitution shall preclude the use of reliable hearsay evidence as defined by statute or rule in whole or in part at any preliminary examination to determine probable cause or at any pretrial proceeding with respect to release of the defendant if appropriate discovery is allowed as defined by statute or rule.
Article I, Section 15. [Freedom of speech and of the press -- Libel.]
No law shall be passed to abridge or restrain the freedom of speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions for libel the truth may be given in evidence to the jury; and if it shall appear to the jury that the matter charged as libelous is true, and was published with good motives, and for justifiable ends, the party shall be acquitted; and the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the fact.
Article I, Section 24. [Uniform operation of laws.]
All laws of a general nature shall have uniform operation.
Article I, Section 25. [Rights retained by people.]
This enumeration of rights shall not be construed to impair or deny others retained by the people.
Article I, Section 27. [Fundamental rights.]
Frequent recurrence to fundamental principles is essential to the security of individual rights and the perpetuity of free government.

Furthermore..., ALL Speeding Laws, that I can find, are located under: 41-6a-401 through 41-6a-609.

Last edited:

Thundar

Empty Holster Open Carry Rally

keep us updated on schedualled dates to appear....

we just may be able to pack a courtroom!

Empty Holster Open Carry Rally- That sounds like fun.

If the judge made such an order, then she probably wrote it down in the case file. Get a copy of it and have some fun.

Pistol Pete Utah

More Power to you!

Today in Salt Lake City justice court I appeared to contest a speeding ticket issued by Salt Lake City Police department and to set it for trial.

I appeared before Justice Court Judge Virginia Ward
who told me when I appear for trial I can not were my Empty holster and informed me I was a trouble maker and a constitutionalist.

Sure her name is not Virginia Wolfe? Rent that movie and you will see what I mean!

Last edited:

Butch00

Most likely she is a member of the Bar....A complaint can be filed with the Bar Association, too.

glock23

Any updates? Man it would have been very hard to keep my cool judge or not she had no right to say that!! I guess you should have said " Oh I guess your one of those dumb*** judges who does not belive in the Bill of Rights." She should be fired ASAP