• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing two guns - tacky?

Metalhead47

Since I got it, I've been in the habit of carrying my little NAA .22 revolver in a little crossdraw holster when I'm just doing things around the property. Just now I was getting read to head down the county auditors office to deal with something, put on my Tanfoglio in a paddle holster, then caught a glimpse in the mirror. Is OCing multiple guns just, well, tacky? A little too, "in your face, look at me" perhaps? I put the revolver in my pocket.

OrangeIsTrouble

OC one, CC the other. Everyone is different and will see it in a different way. If I could, I'd OC a fullsize and CC a SC or something of that size. Butt guns FTW right, gogo?

skiingislife725

Agreed. Open carry one firearm and cc the other. It gets towards the best of both worlds. I can just see someone going, "Hands off the gun! Gimme your wallet!" and they're in for a "nice" surprise. But, more so, it just makes you look less like a guy getting ready for Armageddon and more like just a prepared citizen.

Hammer

Well, if it was a matched pair of pearl-handled SAA Colts in a fine piece of leather, na, that'd be just fine. 'Specially if you're headed to the local SASS shoot.

bennie1986

Well, if it was a matched pair of pearl-handled SAA Colts in a fine piece of leather, na, that'd be just fine. 'Specially if you're headed to the local SASS shoot.

As a joke I told my buddy when I get a Ruger lcp and an ankle holster I will OC that while I have on shorts! I will probably be OCing one of my primary sidearms at the time so that will be two at once! I wont leave my property though because it will look silly!

G20-IWB24/7

My Kahr MK9 w/CTC lasergrips and Triji's is my constant CCW, regardless of if I have a larger "primary" OC or CC weapon. Currently (at work) the primary is a G27 CC'd. Once I'm off, I'll probably switch over to my 1911 OC, but that Kahr stays where it's at (ankle).

Aryk45XD

If I had a left OC holster for the PF9, there may have been a time or two I would have OCd it with the XD. It does stay CCd with or without my XD. A few times I have used the Sig though.

Batousaii

Sometimes...

I have a little classic .38 Special Derringer that I wear with my Vaquero Six gun rig. It has a mini holster that fits on my pants belt and under the drop loop belt (so it looks tucked in, but actually very secure). I do sometimes OC it in that way with that rig, other times it's in my pants pocket, but then it's harder to get to if it's really needed for it's intended role. Only the little curly handle sticks out so it's not super noticeable, and it fits well with the arm's era. I would love to get a matched set of black pearled handles for both, or maybe dark burled redwood.. hmmm...:rolleyes:

P.S. Handles were changed to black on mine, stands out less.

Last edited:

Las Vegan

Double trouble? Heck Yeah!

DoubleP11.jpg

Note: this is an actual custom rig for a pair of Kel-Tec P11s.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

DSCF3245.jpg

This is the rig for the minigun. I thought it was pretty subtle at first, but after someone at the fair picked up on it I started wondering. But I kinda like the idea of having an easy-access crossdraw, closeup weapon when I'm driving.

joejoejoe

It all depends on who you are, man... perception is everything.

Joe~

Attachments

• 128785229334592035.jpg
    128785229334592035.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 175