• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man gets drunk, shoots server with .45

anmut

Funny story and a bit off topic - but the real question is... "Had the computer been OC'ing would it have had a chance to defend itself." :) :)

Also - drunken tards with handguns = one more reason to carry.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50159264-76/campbell-computer-police-server.html.csp

A Salt Lake City mortgage company employee allegedly got drunk, opened fired on his firm’s computer server with a .45-caliber automatic, and then told police someone had stolen his gun and caused the damage.

Joshua Lee Campbell, 23, has been charged in 3rd District Court with criminal mischief, a second-degree felony; carrying a dangerous weapon while under the influence and providing false information to police, both Class B misdemeanors; and public intoxication, a Class C misdemeanor.

Salt Lake County prosecutors say Campbell called police late on Aug. 12, claiming a man had stolen his gun and fired into the $100,000 computer server owned by RANLife Home Loans, located at 268 W. 400 South.

However, investigators allege that Campbell had been drinking that night at the Twilight Concert in Pioneer Park with a co-worker and had returned to his office afterward and shot the server.

A probable cause statement alleges that Campbell told police he had been “mugged, assaulted with his own firearm and drugged” by a mystery assailant.

However, acquaintances of Campbell reportedly told police he had earlier been drunk, was armed and had threatened to shoot the computer and maybe himself.

The case has been assigned to Judge William Barrett. No court hearings had been set as of Wednesday.

Spartacus

Banned
If you are going to shoot a non-cooperative server or CPU at least have the decency to first drag it out into a field away from people before administering the coup de grace.

M

McX

i don't shoot at computers, much as they deserve it. once a machine is retired from use, it is stripped of useable parts, then for personal satisfaction i usually do a field goal attempt, or a touchdown slam dunk. see you in hell mr. micro-chips!

added on edit; i have a few parts remaining from the past deceased, call the shop if you need something, we may have it.

Last edited:

eye95

If you are referring to the OP, the server belonged to his firm. Surely, it was at the firm's office--where others were likely present.

Also, in most municipal jurisdictions, there is an ordinance against discharging firearms within municipal limits--even in your home.

So, it kinda mattered.

sudden valley gunner

If you are referring to the OP, the server belonged to his firm. Surely, it was at the firm's office--where others were likely present.

Also, in most municipal jurisdictions, there is an ordinance against discharging firearms within municipal limits--even in your home.

So, it kinda mattered.

Yea that does.
....but if it was his own I wouldn't care.
Trying to point out that people sometimes judge actions of others by a standard that was often started or put into place to placate those who are anti....