Thread: 13 yr old shoots at grant county sheriff

13 yr old shoots at grant county sheriff

Last edited by mik253; 10-23-2016 at 12:33 AM.

I sincerely hope this young man does quite a bit of time in juevy, and that he NEVER goes back to live with his parents. Obviously they are not able to control him. Why was there a gun where he could get his hands on it? Thank God they didn't shoot him and harm him or kill him. I hope he gets the guidance that he needs so he doesn't live a life of crime. I feel for the officers; who wants to shoot a kid, even if he is shooting at you? This is one of those cases, where later on down the road he gets into some real trouble(not that he isn't now), someone shoots him and kills him, and his mother wrings her hands and says what a good boy he was! This scenario is becoming all too common!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Unfortunately he has already chosen his path down the wrong road to his future.
    Once he hits juvey he will be praised by others in the system and unfortunately looked upon in a favorable light by his peers or travel the path of others that are in there.

Is there another choice likely not, being lenient on him will not help.

The only way I have seen kids pull out of this environment is if they choose that path and unfortunately few follow the better path.

I agree with the other posters that he should never be returned home as he has no respect for his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I sincerely hope this young man does quite a bit of time in juevy, and that he NEVER goes back to live with his parents. Obviously they are not able to control him. Why was there a gun where he could get his hands on it? Thank God they didn't shoot him and harm him or kill him. I hope he gets the guidance that he needs so he doesn't live a life of crime. I feel for the officers; who wants to shoot a kid, even if he is shooting at you? This is one of those cases, where later on down the road he gets into some real trouble(not that he isn't now), someone shoots him and kills him, and his mother wrings her hands and says what a good boy he was! This scenario is becoming all too common!
    In this state "quite a bit of time" and juvenile sentencing are not usually mentioned in the same sentence. Juvenile sentences are issued in terms of weeks, not months. The only way this kid gets any real time is if he's declined and treated as an adult.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    In this state "quite a bit of time" and juvenile sentencing are not usually mentioned in the same sentence. Juvenile sentences are issued in terms of weeks, not months. The only way this kid gets any real time is if he's declined and treated as an adult.
    You didn't mention that part where he gets the "clean slate" when he becomes an adult. That record earned while a juvenile can be sealed and then he gets to start over. How many crimes as an "adult" before the leniency stops?

Would be nice to see more of these treated as adults.

I am of the opinion where if you think you are old enough to use a gun or other weapon in a crime, then you are old enough to be treated like an adult when it comes time to answer for what you did. Big boy crime, big boy time.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

Would be nice to see more of these treated as adults.
    That would solve the problem, right? Then he would do adult time, definitely be institutionalized and because he is young will without a doubt be back out into society a harden criminal.

Hopefully they get this kids some anger management help. He obviously is not being taught how to handle his anger.

The easy way out for society is to lock them up and throw away the key. Some of these people can be helped, not all, some.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

This is why people should spank their kids

This is a classic example of a lack of discipline. The government has gotten involved with the rearing of children(spanking is verbotten!) and the result is a child who does not fear reprecussions for their actions. So sad.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Quote Originally Posted by Thos.Jefferson View Post
    This is a classic example of a lack of discipline. The government has gotten involved with the rearing of children(spanking is verbotten!) and the result is a child who does not fear reprecussions for their actions. So sad.
    I support spanking children. The reason; I have spanked my children very rarely over the years (maybe a handful of times each), they have a good memory, and know when to listen.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Thos.Jefferson View Post

w0rd. This kid doesn't need "anger management," he needs a good ol-fashioned whoopin'. Preferably behind a woodshed.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.