Thread: Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security. GunReports.com

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security. GunReports.com

http://www.gunreports.com/news/ammo/...CE_1460-1.html
    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Winchester Ammunition was recently awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years.

The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester Ranger line.

135 grains

that's a rather light bullet for the 40 caliber. The most common load I think is either a 165 grain or a 180 grain. I sometimes see 155 grain bullets listed in print but have never seen any on a shelf

The 135 gr bullet is the third generation bullet, I think the velocity is around 1400.
    Double Tap Ammo....135 is faster still.
    Either way would ruin your day.
    Life is tough, its tougher when your stupid.

http://www.itsnotthelaw.com

Feds: U.C.C. 1-308, State: U.C.C. 1-207, Both: U.C.C. 1-103.6

Actually, the 135gn 40S&W round is one of the best rated fightstopers. It's right up there with 230gn 45 and the venerable 158gn 357 Mag. The Federal 'Personal Defense' (used to be called HydraShok) 135gn is my prefered carry round for my Glock 23; good velocity out of the short barrel w/o a lot of muzzle flash.

Sounds like they are buying all the rounds they'll need before a civilian ban on ammo.

Why would a civilian ban matter to them?

But 200M rounds does sound quite excessive for the DHS.
    Last edited by Jack House; 09-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Why would a civilian ban matter to them?

But 200M rounds does sound quite excessive for the DHS.
    Another Intel guy and I SWAGed it and that's all we could come up with...

I have no idea what "SWAGed" means. But it does seem like they're stockpiling, but for what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I have no idea what "SWAGed" means. But it does seem like they're stockpiling, but for what reason?
    lol. To me it means Scientific Wild A** Guess. Maybe it is a search engine or something.

thats not so many rounds for them. I did a rough estimate on cartridges per person per year and its only 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    thats not so many rounds for them. I did a rough estimate on cartridges per person per year and its only 2000.
    Where did you get the number of how many field agents they have?

sounds to me like they are stocking up for some BIG future event. maybe we should all be reading between the lines here & Maybe start worrying ? and that is just the ammo for the that branch of the gobbernment, how much is everyone else getting ? maybe they KNOW something that we don't ? nothing good can come from this.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???