• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's been a fun week.

xenophon

Broken window a week ago, Tuesday

Drunk driver crash directly across the street sat night (flipped car)

Last night (Wed night), stolen car crashes into the ditch and flips, 70 feet from my house. 3 guys get out and run.

On the last incident, let's make this open carry related. It was 10:30pm when the cops showed up (took about 30 min). I open carried to the street to give them my statement.

The two Milwaukee District 4 officers never batted an eye as they were talking to me, or commentied on Mr. Glock in any way. I expected at least a "why you are carrying that??". Maybe the felt sorry for the side yard getting tire tracks and sod tore up all down it.

The year can only get better from here. It's usually a quiet pocket neighborhood here. Sheesh.

M

McX

perhapse it has finally sunk in that an armed citizen does not constitute a threat. that an armed citizen is only exercising his rights, and poses no threat to anyone other than the criminal element. if it hasn't a few more lawsuits might change their views.

paul@paul-fisher.com

perhapse it has finally sunk in that an armed citizen does not constitute a threat. that an armed citizen is only exercising his rights, and poses no threat to anyone other than the criminal element. if it hasn't a few more lawsuits might change their views.

Also, the positive encounters. We must remember, the LEO community talks amongst themselves. If we keep showing that we are responsible, reasonable citizens, it will earn their respect/trust.

Before anyone jumps on me, I understand that we don't have to earn a right, I am just saying that even when it is our right, if we act responsibly, it is one more data point that the LEO will remember when they come up on one of 'us'.

xenophon

Also, the positive encounters. We must remember, the LEO community talks amongst themselves. If we keep showing that we are responsible, reasonable citizens, it will earn their respect/trust.

Before anyone jumps on me, I understand that we don't have to earn a right, I am just saying that even when it is our right, if we act responsibly, it is one more data point that the LEO will remember when they come up on one of 'us'.

Exactly. I had it on inside the house. And for a split second, I thought about taking it off before going to see them. But I was like nah, no need.

They were professional, did a good job.

M

McX

fun week here too; today the cops found someone in great violation; they got searched, their car got searched, they got a free ride downtown with their car into impound, right across the street from us, bay doors open, my sorry armed butt hanging out from some car's hood. they saw, i saw, they did their job, i did mine. nothing happened.

sFe

fun week here too; today the cops found someone in great violation; they got searched, their car got searched, they got a free ride downtown with their car into impound, right across the street from us, bay doors open, my sorry armed butt hanging out from some car's hood. they saw, i saw, they did their job, i did mine. nothing happened.

I don't understand how you do it. I don't even like things in my pockets while working on cars.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Sounds like someone has never worked on a car on the ground. There is a reason for garage lifts and thank goodness for them.

I wanted to work on my POV so volunteered to move the 'finished' work off a two-post lift, a 7XX BMW. Started it and bumped the front tires up onto the synchronizing platform between the posts, then let it roll off the lift and down the apron - to discover that the brakes were done but not bled. As I got the BMW stopped it punched out the headlight of a MB with the tailpipe. That was lesson number two in not driving other's toys. Lesson one involved a Ferrari. I don' think that there's been a third such lesson, nor will be.

M

McX

love my lifts, and live by them. but that circumstance warranted car on ground. the baby lift will pick up 9 g's. the big one will pick up dark matter, or 12 g's. i call it lift-zilla, for obvious reasons. errors doug? i decline to beleive you are capable of making errors. but anyway guys, you realy haven't lived until you fish a dead cooked cat out of an engine compartment. God i love my job!

added on edit; and PLEASE guys, no now the engine just purrs jokes.

Last edited:

sFe

All I ever use are lifts, being that I work at a dealership. They fail to help when one needs to be under a dash or deep in the engine bay though.. i would be worried of the gun scratching something as well.