Thread: Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself

Hello there fellow Michigan Open Carriers. I'm new to the open carry scene and haven't actualy openly carried in public yet. I am licensed to carry concealed (since last October).

I plan on carrying my Taurus PT 24/7 9mm once a find a reliable and comfortabe hip holster for it. Any suggestions would be great!

Also are there any folks who get together in the mid-Michigan area (Montcalm, Isabella, Mecosta counties)?

Welcome to OCDO. I'm sure those who are in your area will be replying shortly. Also check www.miopencarry.org/events for upcoming OC events.

Banned
    Welcome aboard!
    I carry mainly in a Blackhawk serpa, and love it, but I don't know if they have one for your piece.

I OCed up your way this summer at my friends cabin on Lost Lake! No problems in Barryton or Remus!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Welcome to OCDO. I'm sure those who are in your area will be replying shortly. Also check www.miopencarry.org/events for upcoming OC events.
    I'll check out that site soon! Didn't know Michigan Open Carry had their own website, although I did just become a fan of it on facebook. Looks like I might actually have to register on the website to see upcoming events.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    I carry mainly in a Blackhawk serpa, and love it, but I don't know if they have one for your piece.
    My dad also reccomended a Blackhawk Serpa holster, which he has for his S&W 1911. I'll look and see what they have availabe, if they do, for my Taurus. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    I OCed up your way this summer at my friends cabin on Lost Lake! No problems in Barryton or Remus!
    Familiar with both Barryton and Remus, though not Lost Lake. Remus is about 30 minutes north of where I'm from.

Lost lake is part of the Martini chain of lakes.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    MOC is a great resource, you should join up.

Welcome aboard fellow patriot!

Immerse yourself in the firearm laws and reherse for police encounters. Find a decent voice recorder as well.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Barryton and Remus?! Small world, buddy! Barryton is where my family and I camp! We were just up there a week and a half ago. Mother-in-law has a little land in Barryton right on the Chippewa but I normally head up M-66 to Crawford Park and kayak to Evart on the Muskegon. Beautiful little run. Can't wait for fall colors - I'll be heading back there for a "fall color paddle". I always OC up there and nobody's even raised an eyebrow at it. I tend to frequent William's Cafe - nice lil breakfast joint.

OT > back to topic: I carry my XD in a Blackhawk! Serpa level 2 retention holster. Took some practice perfecting the draw from it but I feel I've pretty well mastered it. I do think they make 'em for your 24/7. They run around $45-$50 generally and I've been 100% happy with mine.
    Last edited by hopnpop; 08-30-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: forgot to add the OT
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Welcome!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by gungho View Post
    Hello there fellow Michigan Open Carriers. I'm new to the open carry scene and haven't actualy openly carried in public yet. I am licensed to carry concealed (since last October).

I plan on carrying my Taurus PT 24/7 9mm once a find a reliable and comfortabe hip holster for it. Any suggestions would be great!

Also are there any folks who get together in the mid-Michigan area (Montcalm, Isabella, Mecosta counties)?
    Welcome, I have a place in Barryton and am up there most every weekend.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Welcome to OC! Carry on!