Thread: Weapons of Mass Destruction
North Carolina General Statute § 14-288.8 provides that it is unlawful for any person
to manufacture, assemble, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, offer to
purchase, deliver, give to another, or acquire any weapon of mass death and destruction.
A weapon of mass death and destruction includes:
- bombs of all sorts;
- rockets having a propellant charge of more than four (4) ounces;
- a missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter (1/4) ounce;
- any type of weapon (other than a shotgun or a shotgun shell of a type particularly suitable for sporting purposes) which will expel a projectile using an explosive, or other propellant, and which has a barrel with a bore of more than one-half (1/2) inch in diameter;
- any firearm capable of fully automatic fire;
- any shotgun with a barrel length less than eighteen (18) inches or an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches;
- a rifle with a barrel length of less than sixteen (16) inches or an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches;
- any muffler or silencer for any firearm, whether or not such firearm is included within this definition; and
- any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting a device into any weapon described above, and from which a weapon of mass death and destruction may readily be assembled.
The above if for North Carolina. I discovered it randomly a long time ago when debating with someone about the ridiculousness of anti-gun laws. Some of the people in the debate were all for this law.
What are the WMDs of your state? I am unaware of any Texas law that mentions WMD, but if you know of any then please share them with me!
So, according to North Carolina, there were TONS of WMDs in Iraq.
It would be easier to list what isn't considered WMD in Illinois.
Geez, and here I always thought that WMD were either Nukes or Gas. Golly, slap me and call me stupid.
‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson
A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead
Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin
Well, in AL we can't have a torpedo. Never wanted one till they told me I can't have it, but with "global warming" I can see a need for them in the future.
So you can have 100 0.25 oz loaded missiles, MLR's on the light I guess. Liquid fueled rockets would solve your problem, hydrogen, and oxygen are not propellants they are just gasses or liquids, or solids if you can get that cold. Don't even need a warhead, the two make a nice bang all by themselves.