• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Jack House

North Carolina General Statute § 14-288.8 provides that it is unlawful for any person
to manufacture, assemble, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, offer to
purchase, deliver, give to another, or acquire any weapon of mass death and destruction.

A weapon of mass death and destruction includes:

1. bombs of all sorts;
  2. grenades;
  3. rockets having a propellant charge of more than four (4) ounces;
  4. a missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter (1/4) ounce;
  5. mines;
  6. any type of weapon (other than a shotgun or a shotgun shell of a type particularly suitable for sporting purposes) which will expel a projectile using an explosive, or other propellant, and which has a barrel with a bore of more than one-half (1/2) inch in diameter;
  7. any firearm capable of fully automatic fire;
  8. any shotgun with a barrel length less than eighteen (18) inches or an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches;
  9. a rifle with a barrel length of less than sixteen (16) inches or an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches;
  10. any muffler or silencer for any firearm, whether or not such firearm is included within this definition; and
  11. any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting a device into any weapon described above, and from which a weapon of mass death and destruction may readily be assembled.

The above if for North Carolina. I discovered it randomly a long time ago when debating with someone about the ridiculousness of anti-gun laws. Some of the people in the debate were all for this law. :rolleyes:

What are the WMDs of your state? I am unaware of any Texas law that mentions WMD, but if you know of any then please share them with me!

daddy4count

[*]any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting a device into any weapon described above, and from which a weapon of mass death and destruction may readily be assembled.
Would that include a hacksaw in the trunk with my shotgun?

:/

AFAIK there is no reference to WMD in WA revised code. They define "Dangerous" weapons, but not "Mass Destructive" ones...

END_THE_FED

Would that include a hacksaw in the trunk with my shotgun?

:/

AFAIK there is no reference to WMD in WA revised code. They define "Dangerous" weapons, but not "Mass Destructive" ones...

Not unless said hacksaw was "designed or intended for use in converting" your shotgun into a "shotgun with a barrel length less than eighteen (18) inches or an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches"

Ruby

It would be easier to list what isn't considered WMD in Illinois. :rolleyes:

They are in open season on November 2nd, but with the ballot box, not the ammo box! BTW, I was born and raised in Peoria, Illinois. You don't know how glad I am that I no longer live there and haven't for many, many years. I think that Illinois gun laws are ridiculous. And the new law they announced this year that you can carry in the console of your car just tells the bad guy where to find your gun when he breaks into your car! I sure hope the residents of your state can get some things changed one of these days; I believe everyone has a right to protect themselves.

SlackwareRobert

Well, in AL we can't have a torpedo. Never wanted one till they told me I can't have it, but with "global warming" I can see a need for them in the future.
So you can have 100 0.25 oz loaded missiles, MLR's on the light I guess. Liquid fueled rockets would solve your problem, hydrogen, and oxygen are not propellants they are just gasses or liquids, or solids if you can get that cold. Don't even need a warhead, the two make a nice bang all by themselves.

Daylen

Well, in AL we can't have a torpedo. Never wanted one till they told me I can't have it, but with "global warming" I can see a need for them in the future.
So you can have 100 0.25 oz loaded missiles, MLR's on the light I guess. Liquid fueled rockets would solve your problem, hydrogen, and oxygen are not propellants they are just gasses or liquids, or solids if you can get that cold. Don't even need a warhead, the two make a nice bang all by themselves.

That's a bit silly. LH2 and LOX are not so great as propellants unless you have money to throw away and are terrible for long term storage. Also, liquid motors are quite expensive compared to solids.