• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question on a new cell phone with audio and video

Ca Patriot

Hey I'm going to go get a new cell phone today with audio and video. Any recommendations. Oh and I will be going to the Moreno Valley Mall, OPEN CARRYING.

I love my IPhone, not just as a cell phone but also as an audio and video recording device. Mine can record for at least 6 hours, probably much longer. Also, it has a password protect feature so if the cops catch you they cant turn it off or erase video you have already shot.

Tekniqe

My Blackberry Storm has a good audio/video capture. In order to keep my phones free of scuffs and drops, I keep it in one of those holster things. I would imagine this allows it to capture audio fairly freely. That could be something you might look into.

I think most Smartphones now come with pretty usable video/audio recording abilities.

Who is your carrier?

PincheOgro1

My Blackberry Storm has a good audio/video capture. In order to keep my phones free of scuffs and drops, I keep it in one of those holster things. I would imagine this allows it to capture audio fairly freely. That could be something you might look into.

I think most Smartphones now come with pretty usable video/audio recording abilities.

Who is your carrier?

I have T-Mobile. JumpOffBridge89 recommended I look at a "G2" or the Samsung "Vibrant". I have also been told the IPhone is good. I think that's through ATT. I'm thinking Ill stay with T-Mobile, I've had no problems with them.

Last edited:

Tekniqe

I've heard good things about both phones. I believe they are both Droid OS, so if that's something you like then you're in business.

heliopolissolutions

I love my Motorola Droid, it does more than I could possibly need it to.
There is some good audio/video software for it.

But heres whats up:

You gotta have a dedicated voice or video recorder, and they're relatively cheap, but alot of things can go wrong with a phone.

Last edited: