Thread: Arizona side of Lake Mead Rec Area post 7/29/10

Arizona side of Lake Mead Rec Area post 7/29/10

Do you still need a CCW to carry in the Arizona side of Lake Mead National Rec area after the new carry law went into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by kootsoup View Post
    Do you still need a CCW to carry in the Arizona side of Lake Mead National Rec area after the new carry law went into effect?
    You don't need any kind of permit to carry a firearm openly or concealed in Arizona.

According to this site: http://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvisit/firearms.htm if it is legal for you to posses a firearm, it is legal for you to carry it at the Lake Mead recreational area, if I'm reading it right.
    The bit on the site about Arizona requiring a permit to carry concealed is out of date, you no longer need one.

The best thing to do would be to contact the rangers there, just to be sure!

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 08-27-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Spelling.... *sigh*

Hey thanks! That's what I thought but I wanted to double check..

With the credit reform bill that went into effect on Feb 22, 2010, state law now governs carriage of firearms in National Parks/Seashores/Rec Areas/Sandbars/Bird Habitats whatever else "National" that we have

Since in AZ you can carry openly or concealed without a permit, you can thustly carry under these same pretenses in any "national" area within the AZ border. This does NOT apply to Federally-owned buildings such as gift shops, etc... the one grey area being outhouses.