• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona side of Lake Mead Rec Area post 7/29/10

March Hare

Do you still need a CCW to carry in the Arizona side of Lake Mead National Rec area after the new carry law went into effect?

You don't need any kind of permit to carry a firearm openly or concealed in Arizona.

According to this site: http://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvisit/firearms.htm if it is legal for you to posses a firearm, it is legal for you to carry it at the Lake Mead recreational area, if I'm reading it right.
The bit on the site about Arizona requiring a permit to carry concealed is out of date, you no longer need one.

The best thing to do would be to contact the rangers there, just to be sure!

-MH

Last edited:

mFonz77

With the credit reform bill that went into effect on Feb 22, 2010, state law now governs carriage of firearms in National Parks/Seashores/Rec Areas/Sandbars/Bird Habitats whatever else "National" that we have :)

Since in AZ you can carry openly or concealed without a permit, you can thustly carry under these same pretenses in any "national" area within the AZ border. This does NOT apply to Federally-owned buildings such as gift shops, etc... the one grey area being outhouses.