• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Steinhorst questions ...' Baraboo News Republic

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...cle_caf9f9b2-b18d-11df-b294-001cc4c002e0.html
Steinhorst said:
Steinhorst also said he would support allowing Wisconsinites to carry concealed weapons if they undergo psychological testing, a background check, some sort of minimum weapons safety training, and pay the cost to obtain their license. He also said he'd like law enforcement to be able to identify people with licenses to carry concealed weapons through information on their drivers license, license plate, or in electronic state Department of Transportation records.

The Don

Dougie your references to elected officials as Nazis is stupid at best. We vote them out if we don't agree with them but even at their worst they are hardly comparable to schutzstaffel except in your twisted consciousness.

Just to clarify, Doug didn't make the initial comparison to the SS. Perhaps you overlooked that in your haste to berate him.

minuteman

Meister is by far the best candidate, it is not even a close call there for me, I know them both fairly well. Steinhorst is not a bad guy, his father was the Sheriff for many years, I just think he is a VERY distant second place.

We must remember that they do not decide the law, they only uphold it, or not if they are tyrannical I guess. He is saying exactly what the police associations want to hear, almost all law enforcement will say they are for licensed CCW because the numerous associations will usually make them go away or give no backing if they dont.

Sounds kinda nazi to me actually, whats a Constitution, I was just following orders type of thing. You need backing to be the head brown shirt, I mean Sheriff. People do call them brown shirts though, same with the nazi SA. Which turned into the SS and gestapo and a terrible holocaust etc etc. Cmon with the names Meister and Steinhorst and the Sheriffs dept wearing brown shirts, you just cant resist that.

But its really a non-issue, they do not decide what the law is, only enforcement of it. That is very far out there with the special tags on our plates and drivers licenses though. I do think its cool they are talking about it, because as soon as we get a republican governor I bet we will get CCW passed.

Last edited:

Mlutz

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...during-Q-amp-A-WiscNews.com&highlight=Meister

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...cc4c002e0.html

"I do believe in the Constitution," Meister said, adding that he is not opposed to allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin if gun owners consent to a background check and psychological test at their own expense before receiving a permit."

So... I guess Meister is better because he didnt want "to be able to identify people with licenses to carry concealed weapons through information on their drivers license, license plate, or in electronic state Department of Transportation records."?

minuteman

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...during-Q-amp-A-WiscNews.com&highlight=Meister

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...cc4c002e0.html

"I do believe in the Constitution," Meister said, adding that he is not opposed to allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin if gun owners consent to a background check and psychological test at their own expense before receiving a permit."

So... I guess Meister is better because he didnt want "to be able to identify people with licenses to carry concealed weapons through information on their drivers license, license plate, or in electronic state Department of Transportation records."?

I would say no, I personally am just going on my experiences with both of them in years past. But if we have to do the lesser of 2 evils thing, yes the one who wants safety training and to have special license plates or put it on your drivers license is worse.

Any permit is not a good thing, we should have the right to carry concealed in my opinion, not a privilege that would require a test. It sounds like a typical statement a law enforcement association would push for, actually it almost seems to me like a money making scheme. Who would be giving the psychological tests? Dont prisoners make license plates? Funny how they both mention the costs and that the people need to pay for it.

Spartacus

Banned
Just to clarify, Doug didn't make the initial comparison to the SS. Perhaps you overlooked that in your haste to berate him.

With just six posts you are also a candidate for one of Dougie's alter egos Don Quixote de La Mancha.

Dougie at least come up with some original names for your sock puppets will you? And hopefully you are using proxies to register and post? Otherwise John ain't gonna like it.

The Don

With 347 posts you continue to prove you'd rather insult people than anything else, especially admit you were wrong. I didn't attack you, I pointed out that you mis-attributed McX's post/comment to Doug in your haste to continue your vendetta against him, something I think most any regular reader of the forum would probably agree is readily apparent.

As I've commented in other posts (if you'd bothered to look at any of my posts), I'm a liberal and a gun rights advocate. Truth be told, I don't agree with a lot of the specific stances a lot of people on here have about concealed carry, Doug included. And I doubt many of you, especially Doug, would agree with a lot of my thoughts on concealed carry. On the other hand, I have a feeling I could have a civil conversation with Doug about my thoughts vs. his thoughts on the issue. I don't get that impression from you. I do agree wholeheartedly, however, about open carry and about the rights we have when it comes to being stopped by the police.

If you want specifics from me to prove I'm not an alias of Doug's, email me privately and ask, because I'm not going to give out personal information in a public post. I will say that my nickname of "The Don" isn't a reference to Don Quixote, but one I've had for over 10 years...back to when I lived in your neck of the woods and worked at Channel 8. My guess is you won't bother to email me, you'll just toss another insult or two my way. Do as you will, matters not to me. I made the offer. If John (administrator?) wants that info, I'll be happy to provide that to him, too.

Speaking of giving out personal information, your obvious dislike for anything Doug posts, and things of that nature...it's fine you don't like Doug, it's fine if he doesn't like you (though I suspect he doesn't give you much thought), whatever...that's a cat-fight between the two of you, but at least have some friggin' respect. He's one of the few people on here that is apparently using his real name and not hiding behind any aliases, myself and yourself included, something I respect a lot and wish I wasn't so paranoid about doing myself. Knock it off with the childish Dougie crap, already, and at least be civil. You claim to own handguns, which means you're an adult...start acting like it.

J.Gleason

Banned
With 347 posts you continue to prove you'd rather insult people than anything else, especially admit you were wrong. I didn't attack you, I pointed out that you mis-attributed McX's post/comment to Doug in your haste to continue your vendetta against him, something I think most any regular reader of the forum would probably agree is readily apparent.

As I've commented in other posts (if you'd bothered to look at any of my posts), I'm a liberal and a gun rights advocate. Truth be told, I don't agree with a lot of the specific stances a lot of people on here have about concealed carry, Doug included. And I doubt many of you, especially Doug, would agree with a lot of my thoughts on concealed carry. On the other hand, I have a feeling I could have a civil conversation with Doug about my thoughts vs. his thoughts on the issue. I don't get that impression from you. I do agree wholeheartedly, however, about open carry and about the rights we have when it comes to being stopped by the police.

If you want specifics from me to prove I'm not an alias of Doug's, email me privately and ask, because I'm not going to give out personal information in a public post. I will say that my nickname of "The Don" isn't a reference to Don Quixote, but one I've had for over 10 years...back to when I lived in your neck of the woods and worked at Channel 8. My guess is you won't bother to email me, you'll just toss another insult or two my way. Do as you will, matters not to me. I made the offer. If John (administrator?) wants that info, I'll be happy to provide that to him, too.

Speaking of giving out personal information, your obvious dislike for anything Doug posts, and things of that nature...it's fine you don't like Doug, it's fine if he doesn't like you (though I suspect he doesn't give you much thought), whatever...that's a cat-fight between the two of you, but at least have some friggin' respect. He's one of the few people on here that is apparently using his real name and not hiding behind any aliases, myself and yourself included, something I respect a lot and wish I wasn't so paranoid about doing myself. Knock it off with the childish Dougie crap, already, and at least be civil. You claim to own handguns, which means you're an adult...start acting like it.

+10000000000!!!!!!!

M

McX

jeeez! did i miss something here? don't be bustin on my doug, he's ok in my book, your all ok in my book. be excellent to each other, party on....