• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry event in Salt Lake Aug. 31st?

MolenLabe!

Hey y'all, my name is Pete Eyre and along with my bud Adam Mueller, I'm working on a project called Liberty On Tour (http://libertyontour.com) that takes us to 13 cities in 13 weeks to do outreach, meetups and videos centered around the non-aggression principle - that individuals be free to act so long as they don't initiate force.

As a big proponent of open carry I was hoping to get some folks together to do an open carry event - walk around a busy part of town and converse with people about their rights etc. I'm not sure how frequent, if at all y'all already do this so I'm excited to hear your input.

We have a meetup from 7-10pm on the 31st (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125064570871673&index=1) that all are welcome to attend, so I was hoping to do the open carry outreach from about 5-6pm - hopefully there's a lot of foot traffic at that time as people are getting off work.

This will be my first visit to Salt Lake so if anyone has suggestions on locations where we might have the maximum impact I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

-Pete

P.S. Here are some videos and blog posts related to open carry/firearms that I've done if you have the time/interest:

-Santa Fe Police Confront Man for Open Carrying Legally: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQQSo9YX4
-Cop Blocking OH State Trooper: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzTOkKZako
-Heller Yeah!: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMWyLMoVbS4
-Pete Eyre Joins AFF Nashville Panel on Firearms: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqIXTdvvBbY
-Greenfield, MA PD Arrest & Intimidate Activists For Filming: www.copblock.org/444/greenfield/
-Cops, Cameras & Accountability in Arlington, VA: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDqIMvJXdY
-Richard A. Hamblen Challenges the Feds to Uphold Constitutional Rights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTYyO_8N9M
-Det. Rod Tuason Advocates Shooting Law-Abiding Individuals: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEnnDWUqLwA
-A Little Run-In With the Law: libertyismyhomie.blogspot.com/2007/09/little-run-in-with-law.html (and a couple of follow-ups: peteeyre.com/2007/11/21/arlington-police-chief-responds-to-my-formal-complaint/ & peteeyre.com/2007/11/22/yet-another-attempt-for-accountability/)