Thread: 5 years later, no accountability for Katrina gun grab

5 years later, no accountability for Katrina gun grab

Five years later, no accountability for post-Katrina gun grab

Five years ago this weekend, Hurricane Katrina slammed into southern Louisiana and Mississippi, devastating the City of New Orleans, killing hundreds of people and setting the stage for an outrage that still angers American gun rights advocates...

... Into this mess stepped the Second Amendment Foundation and National Rifle Association and nobody else to put a stop to the seizures,

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...trina-gun-grab

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/28x64xz

All of the officers that willingly took part in the operation and all of their surperiors and their superior's superiors and so on should be punished for it.

The people are just as much to blame for that gun grab as the government.

The government wanted to see whether they would have any trouble seizing lawful arms--Katrina was a test case. I look for more gun grabs just like it in the future.
    Last edited by suntzu; 08-27-2010 at 03:58 PM.

You thought there would be???

I would not advise holding your breath waiting for anything of substance to transpire. One good thing that came out of that situation is that a number of states passed laws forbidding that type of action in their state. That was good. But the New Orleans city governmet is as likely to punish the offenders as Chicago is to go Vermont style carry.

This is what is known as "selective enforcement".

It's most obviously evident in the the corrupt FDA/Big Pharma cabal. They outlaw ephedra (Stacker III weight loss pills) on a whim because it "posed a risk" of killing people when it had never been proven to have done so in the past.

At the same time, Tylennol continues to kill hundreds of people every year when used as directed and thousands more when used as not directed in conjunction with alcohol consumption yet no thought of pulling that is made. Is it because Tylennol is safe or is it because too much money is at stake?

Also, it's interesting that the ban on ephedra came just about the time that new non-natural, patented weight loss drugs came on the market.

Big brother in all his forms is enslaved to the interests of the corporate elite. Enforcement of laws protecting gun rights is about as low a priority on their list of things to do as they come.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Only 3 people could have issued such an order: Mayor Nagin, Supt. Compass, or Deputy Supt. Reiley. They are also the only ones that could have issued the "shoot all looters" order that is part of the ongoing federal investigation into police shootings in New Orleans.