• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restoring Honor Rally on FaceBook

Haman J.T.

An AP story said there were tens of thousands.It was more like this here - http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Glenn...licid_ap_org8b2a0d36af634d7d946a8f03311fa020/ - .There were other liberal statements also.I saved this in case there were other arguments over numbers and out of the 60+ pictures,of which I only looked at 18 of them,there were no pictures of minorities.I don't know if they got any of MLK's niece and the ministers on the stage.Figures! They're always trying to change history even if it's just hours old!

Slave

if by tens of thousands, they could be telling the truth, as you could count to 1 million by the tens of thousands :)

My goodness, that's a lot of people. BTW LOL! at #32 :) they caught her putting on makeup. Of all people, they caught her at that time :)

quarter horseman

An AP story said there were tens of thousands.It was more like this here - http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Glenn...licid_ap_org8b2a0d36af634d7d946a8f03311fa020/ - .There were other liberal statements also.I saved this in case there were other arguments over numbers and out of the 60+ pictures,of which I only looked at 18 of them,there were no pictures of minorities.I don't know if they got any of MLK's niece and the ministers on the stage.Figures! They're always trying to change history even if it's just hours old!

wnd.com has a great pic. and story on this grand event!

detroit_fan

I tuned in hoping to see them honoring the troops but all I saw was what looked like a chruch service going on with people preaching. I like Beck, but for claiming to be a libertarian he sure does suggest mixing religion and politics a lot, something most libertarians like myself want no part of.

Haman J.T.

The founders considered the morality that religion fostered,as an influence on the people governing.The 1st amendment said congress shall make no law telling you which religion to practice.Moral people want moral government,it's as simple as that.The majority religion at that time,and now,is Christianity.Half the signers of the constitution were ministers.

detroit_fan

The founders considered the morality that religion fostered,as an influence on the people governing.The 1st amendment said congress shall make no law telling you which religion to practice.Moral people want moral government,it's as simple as that.The majority religion at that time,and now,is Christianity.Half the signers of the constitution were ministers.

Of course I want a moral government, I also want one that governs based on fact, not fiction like religion. What you do in your own home is none of my business, when you start affecting my life because of your beliefs I have an issue.

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find
in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They
are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men,
women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been
burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this
coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to
support roguery and error all over the earth."

-Thomas Jefferson

"The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
Christian religion."

-John Adams in the Treaty of Tripoli

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

quarter horseman

I tuned in hoping to see them honoring the troops but all I saw was what looked like a chruch service going on with people preaching. I like Beck, but for claiming to be a libertarian he sure does suggest mixing religion and politics a lot, something most libertarians like myself want no part of.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do beleave in the interview with Chris Wallis on fox news sunday, he says time and time again not to mix politics and religion. Its 24 min long but it is good Chris is not easy on him.

Haman J.T.

Of course I want a moral government, I also want one that governs based on fact, not fiction like religion. What you do in your own home is none of my business, when you start affecting my life because of your beliefs I have an issue.

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find
in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They
are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men,
women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been
burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this
coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to
support roguery and error all over the earth."

-Thomas Jefferson

"The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
Christian religion."

-John Adams in the Treaty of Tripoli

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802
So the state can make no law,that is the separation.How do good people making good laws affect you?Thats the ideal of the founders.The only time your life is affected is when bad law is made by the government.The Christian faith started with Jesus 2010 years ago.Notice the date.Check writtings by historians of that period,start with Josephas.

detroit_fan

So the state can make no law,that is the separation.How do good people making good laws affect you?Thats the ideal of the founders.The only time your life is affected is when bad law is made by the government.The Christian faith started with Jesus 2010 years ago.Notice the date.Check writtings by historians of that period,start with Josephas.

I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, and this is probably not the appropriate forum to have this debate considering it has nothing to do with OC, so instead of starting an all out religion debate I will just agree to disagree with you.

Walt_Kowalski

I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, and this is probably not the appropriate forum to have this debate considering it has nothing to do with OC, so instead of starting an all out religion debate I will just agree to disagree with you.

I agree with this as well.. though, as a libertarian myself, I also believe that religion, and government should not be intertwined at all. What you do in church, or behind closed doors should have no effect on me.

Haman J.T.

I agree with this as well.. though, as a libertarian myself, I also believe that religion, and government should not be intertwined at all. What you do in church, or behind closed doors should have no effect on me.
My point,that you are missing,is that what I have learned through my religion,do unto others as you would have them do to you,do not lie.do not murder,do not steal etc. etc.,of which are actions from a belief,according to you,I cannot practice these things outside of a church or closed doors.That makes no sense.If I kept my beliefs behind doors,I wouldn't be fighting for my rights.

detroit_fan

Wouldn't it be nice if we libertarians could win the big elections, what a wonderful country it would be. Cool avatar btw

kyleplusitunes

Glenn Beck is no more than a cointelpro goon of Green Billionare George Soros. Glenn Beck gives you just enough to quell any peaceful revolution that people would engage in without him leading the sheep to slaughter. Him, Sarah Palin, and others are keeping his followers eyes closed, he tells us that banker bailouts are good, real libertarians need to be killed, along with Ron Paul.

just remember, if big media tells you it's good, it's not. think for yourselves.

detroit_fan

Glenn Beck is no more than a cointelpro goon of Green Billionare George Soros. Glenn Beck gives you just enough to quell any peaceful revolution that people would engage in without him leading the sheep to slaughter. Him, Sarah Palin, and others are keeping his followers eyes closed, he tells us that banker bailouts are good, real libertarians need to be killed, along with Ron Paul.

just remember, if big media tells you it's good, it's not. think for yourselves.

Are you suggesting real libertarians & Ron Paul need to be killed or implying that Beck said that??