• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Irwin & Sharron Angle to speak at "The Gun Store"

Nevada carrier

I just got this in my Face book mailbox, I will be unable to attend, but I am hoping we can get at least one or two of us to go in there and report back what is said. I want to know if Bob Irwin has any plans to enact legislation against open carry, and how he feels about constitutional carry. Remember, a huge chunk of his business revenue comes from CCW classes.

Sharron Angle will be the Key Note speaker at The Gun Store on Sept 9th from 7PM til 9PM for a Second Amendment Rally! Don't miss it! The store is at 2900 East Tropicana, that's between Eastern & Pecos. Free snacks from our neighbor Casa Di Amore' Italian Restaurant. Steve Esh, Danny Tarkanian & I will also speak!

Last edited:

Remmy

Ill have to see if i can make it to this and OC to it, considering the gunstore does not allow OC it would make for some lols to be turned away from a 2nd a rally because you were exercising the right. Bob Irwin is a tool and he needs to go away. Im sure hes A$$ kissing to rally for himself and get an endorsement for assembly.

Nevada carrier

Ill have to see if i can make it to this and OC to it, considering the gunstore does not allow OC it would make for some lols to be turned away from a 2nd a rally because you were exercising the right. Bob Irwin is a tool and he needs to go away. Im sure hes A$$ kissing to rally for himself and get an endorsement for assembly.

My guess is that OC will be allowed while the cameras are rolling.

Merlin

After seeing discussion here and elsewhere questioning Bob Irwin's committment to OC, I posed the following question on his Facebook page:

==
Bob, I'd like you to address a question for me: What is your position on Open Carry? I just assumed you'd be onboard, but it has been suggested to me by others that OC conflicts with a source of your income, namely CCW classes. I can see that point as a possible concern, so I'd like to just settle it right here by h...aving you state your position on the matter. If elected to the assembly, would furthering the efforts of the Open Carry movement be part of your agenda? Please be clear and concise. Thanks.
==

He responded today with this:

==First, open carry is not illegal in Nevada except in places where all firearms are prohibited like jails, courts and such. Although I am now classified as a politician you may be assured I will not change my life long principles because I t...each Concealed Carry Classes. As it happens last week we announced that starting Sept 1, our CCW classes here at The Gun Store would be FREE through the election in November as a tribute to Gun Rights. That is in our Review Journal ads last Sunday.

More to the point of your question, I am advocating to my contacts in the Assemby two new laws. One is that Nevada honor all other State permits, rather than just the few approved by the Chiefs & Sheriffs Association, both to increase our tourist numbers and not disarm traveling citizens. The other is to go to the Vermont, Alaska and new Arizona system of not requiring a permit from the government to carry a concealed firearm if you are otherwise allowed to own a handgun. That law, if passed, will certainly cut into my income. The crusade I am on with my campaign is to fix Nevada, not to make money. If you check you will find that Assembly member are paid a bit less than minimum wages for their time. Bob Irwin
==

I know he has on numerous occasions had soundbites on the news that were...less than accurate. But this response seems pretty forthright to me. I don't feel like he ducked the question like most politicians would.

I think it is important that we not let infighting within our sub-groups ultimately derail the greater goals. I mean, lets face it, what's the likelihood of a right-wing nutjob like me ever getting elected? :)

--

On a separate point, I saw this bit about him having the get together at his store with Sharron Angle, etc. Am I the only one whose first thought was "Yeah, right, where do you plan to put us all? I can barely get into that place on a normal day.."

VegasGeorge

Your question was what his position is on open carry. You asked him to be clear and concise in his answer. The ONLY thing he said specifically about open carry is that Nevada las doesn't prohibit it. Something we all know already, and which doesn't address his "position" at all.

As far as I can tell, he didn't give you any answer to your question at all. It sounded like he did, but he didn't. He must have natural political talent!

Last edited:

Remmy

I would have to agree that Bob was not specific and concise in his position for open carry but turned the post to solely talk about CCW and then constitutional carry. and i fyou think for one moment that someone will pursue laws that will take money from their wallets I feel sorry for you.

The only way i see bob being "for constitutional" carry is to enact some sort of policy that you would have to mandatory training for handguns then you would be deemed able to carry without a permit which would in turn bring money back to his pocket.

Further on his note about not charging for ccw classes until the election to me says one thing, I am buying your vote the legal way. Classic Reid reelection campaign strategy as well as following democratic leads on the immigration issue. "I dont know why any person of Latin decent would vote republican"