• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paris Hiltons boyfriend pulls gun on intruder

Yooper

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/08/27/paris-hiltons-bf-pulled-gun-intruder/

The man who allegedly attempted to break into Paris Hilton's L.A. home this week was thwarted by Hilton's boyfriend, who pulled a gun on the suspect before the guy could get inside, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources confirm Hilton's boyfriend -- Vegas nightclub kingpin Cy Waits -- told police that he and Paris heard loud banging noises coming from downstairs around 6:30 AM Tuesday, so he grabbed his gun and went to check out the situation.

We're told Cy claims he spotted Nathan Parada peering through a window and carrying two knives -- a large kitchen knife and a buck hunting knife.

Cy immediately went outside -- with his weapon drawn -- and ordered Parada to drop the knives and lay on his stomach. We're told Cy kept his gun pointed at Parada until cops arrived.

Law enforcement sources also tell us Parada told cops that he had purchased a Star Map on Hollywood Blvd. hours before the incident because he wanted to find out where Paris lived.

We're told Parada -- who was booked for felony burglary -- is currently in custody on a 5150 psychiatric hold.

Sources close to Paris tell us since the incident, Hilton's security team has installed several new cameras around the home as well as infrared technology designed to spot intruders.

Paris has also hired two new bodyguards to protect her around the clock.

According to our sources, Paris has told friends, "Thank God Cy was there, he saved my life."

nofoa

Oh no no Cy is a Vegas nightclub kingpin! Of course he would have a weapon. It makes perfect sense that he would only have the firearm to protect our national resource Britney Spears. Nay what would our young inquiring minds do without the role model of such a fine up standing American to look up too?

My only question now.

Does she get sentry turrets with those infrared laser sets?
1431365-tf2_engineer_sentry_super.jpg

Beerme

Banned
Oh no no Cy is a Vegas nightclub kingpin! Of course he would have a weapon. It makes perfect sense that he would only have the firearm to protect our national resource Britney Spears. Nay what would our young inquiring minds do without the role model of such a fine up standing American to look up too?

My only question now.

who said anything about britney spears...
and who cares what his job is he protected himself and the person he was with.
do i care for him or her, no but congrats to him for doing it.

SlackwareRobert

Hmm, did the police make sure there was a trigger lock for the gun?
Isn't she out on a drug charge, so isn't allowed to have guns in her home?

+1 for holding the perv, although a bottomless paris in background with thug held at gun point would make a good screen saver. Get those night vision cams quick, more green paris for everyone.

lil_freak_66

Hmm, did the police make sure there was a trigger lock for the gun?
Isn't she out on a drug charge, so isn't allowed to have guns in her home?

+1 for holding the perv, although a bottomless paris in background with thug held at gun point would make a good screen saver. Get those night vision cams quick, more green paris for everyone.

In my state at least,the law states a person banned from firearms may merely not be in possesion of said firearm,nothing about living in a place with firearms or near firearms,if a check is done,that is probably how it is in many states

Beerme

Banned
In my state at least,the law states a person banned from firearms may merely not be in possesion of said firearm,nothing about living in a place with firearms or near firearms,if a check is done,that is probably how it is in many states

Cite from the many states?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Cite from the many states?

"Probably" puts it in the realm of opinion - hardly requires a cite.

Constructive possession might become a valid problem though.

CONSTRUCTIVE POSSESSION

• The law recognizes that possession may be constructive instead of actual. A person who, with knowledge of its character, knowingly has direct physical control over a thing, at a given time, is in actual possession of it.
    Constructive possession means possession in which the person does not physically have the property, but though not physically on one's person, (he/she) is aware of the presence of the property and is able to exercise intentional control or dominion over it.
    A person who,although not in actual possession, has knowledge of its character, knowingly has both the power and the intention at a given time to exercise control over a thing, either directly or through another person or persons, is then in constructive possession if it.
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/charges/jury/weapons7.htm

http://ca10.washburnlaw.edu/cases/2003/02/02-7074.htm

simmonsjoe

CONSTRUCTIVE POSSESSION

• The law recognizes that possession may be constructive instead of actual. A person who, with knowledge of its character, knowingly has direct physical control over a thing, at a given time, is in actual possession of it.
    Constructive possession means possession in which the person does not physically have the property, but though not physically on one's person, (he/she) is aware of the presence of the property and is able to exercise intentional control or dominion over it.
    A person who,although not in actual possession, has knowledge of its character, knowingly has both the power and the intention at a given time to exercise control over a thing, either directly or through another person or persons, is then in constructive possession if it.

Notice it requires intent.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

CONSTRUCTIVE POSSESSION

Notice it requires intent.

The ATF says otherwise - no guns under the same roof of home occupied by a felon.
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...y-no-guns-for-iraq-war-vet?cid=examiner-email

Right or wrong, one could be called upon to defend against this situation and it won't be cheap.

CrimsonSoul

My only question now.

That's only a level one, they should upgrade that sentry to a level 3 so it has the rocket launchers too :)

simmonsjoe

The ATF says otherwise - no guns under the same roof of home occupied by a felon.
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...y-no-guns-for-iraq-war-vet?cid=examiner-email

Right or wrong, one could be called upon to defend against this situation and it won't be cheap.
wouldn't this ruling of the code make it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to live in a house with firearms in it? depending on state?

Sounds like something that was written so you could charge someone with possession of marijuana even though they dropped it in the floor of their buddy's car.

Anyone who lives in a house with someone who takes prescription medication can be charged for possession of a controlled substance.

That's the majority of Americans.

I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of Americans have at some point been in possession of a controlled substance under those rulings.

Everyone in my house has access to one of my handguns, including a 17 year old. I also have a prescription bottle of Percocet in the communal medicine cabinet. That means my mother, step-father, and step-sister are all illegally in possession of a handgun as they are currently illegally in possession of a controlled substance.

Anyone on this forum who takes a prescription-- You've made everyone in your house a criminal.

Last edited: