• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC Experience

sg_pilot

On Tuesday of this week I bought a Glock 23 Gen 3 from a buddy of mine. Today, my Fobus paddle holster, and my Streamlight TLR-1s came in the mail from an online distributor. I have been curious about open carry for quite some time, so I believed it would be a good idea to try it out. I was wearing blue jeans and a collared golf shirt, which I think helped out my overall image (gym shorts and a t-shirt would never cut it for OC, IMO). I walked into Maverik on Riverside Drive and got myself a soda. People just treated me as if I were a normal individual and customer, which I really enjoyed. I was mildly nervous while I was in there, being that it was my first time OCing. When I walked out of the store after having paid for my soda, I felt accomplished. I think I was expecting people to react a little differently than they all did. I plan on open carrying whenever I go somewhere (understanding full well the legal limits/boundaries) public in the St. George area. Bear in mind that there is a man named Scott Curley currently running from about 150 LEOs less than an hour away from here in the desert, so I thought it would be a good day to start carrying, being that I live somewhat close to that location. I understand the likelihood of ever seeing that individual near here is slim to none, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Overall, EXTREMELY GOOD! If there are many people that OC in the area, I would like to meet up with a few of them sometime.

Last edited:

Sorti

Glad it worked out great for you.

The next uncomfortable feeling will be when you are not armed!

Sorti.