Thread: Another dancing in the blood article....

Founder's Club Member

Another dancing in the blood article....

I am sure that all have heard of the incident in Louisa County last Sunday. The local paper, The Central Virginian, had a little opinion piece concerning the incident and the GSL stickers during the Ag Fair. I tried to find a link to the piece on their site but that requires a paid subscription to access the full current edition. I do have a print copy but I am a bit hesitant to scan and post due to recent law suits against different sites.
    It was short and asked if any one may want to rethink passing out the GSL stickers next year.
    Will be interesting to see if it receives any responses next week; the CV is a once a week paper.
    In my opinion it was another gun that stopped the situation from progressing further than it did so I think we need to get more of the GSL stickers out there!!!

I'm in the dark. Can you elaborate on what happened?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

There was a VCDL booth at the Ag Fair, as well as two scruffy-looking individuals who showed up after breakfast. Both groups were handing out GSL stickers.

If someone wants to scan the editorial and PM it to me, I'll drum up a response. I'm fairly sure that VCDL President Phil Van Cleve would also welcome a PM'd copy and the opportunity to respond.

stay safe.

A guy killed two relatives, wounded 4 others, including police.

Some kind of land dispute over 1.5 acres with a mobile home on it, valued at $25k.

I'll look through my copy of the paper and scan the article for Phil.

Okay, I pulled out my paper.

This was not an article or opinion piece by a paper employee, it was a 2 sentence letter to the editor written by a reader.

For those who care, the 52 year old shooter had major issues (lost his arm in a car accident, was on meds, was beaten by relatives, had made suicide attempts). Apparently more than a land dispute.

He also was a felon, so was in possession of the .22 handgun illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock27Bill View Post
    Okay, I pulled out my paper.

This was not an article or opinion piece by a paper employee, it was a 2 sentence letter to the editor written by a reader.

For those who care, the 52 year old shooter had major issues (lost his arm in a car accident, was on meds, was beaten by relatives, had made suicide attempts). Apparently more than a land dispute.

He also was a felon, so was in possession of the .22 handgun illegally.
    It still deserves a response. Anybody that goes around with the notion that GSL stickers are, by themselves, inflamatory is in need of a reality check. Anybody that goes around not understanding why, in spite of the alcohol, the meds (for whatever reason they were Rx'd), the physical assault before he responded with gunfire (was the assault contemporaneous?) the presence/availability of guns might have forestalled this spree shooting also needs a reality check.

No, I am not in any way suggesting that ANY of the participants were members of the chior and deserving of a free pass. From what I understand they all seem to have contributed to escalating the situation. What I am saying is that
    there is a possibility that the known presence of other farearms might have tempered the anger of the shooter.

We'll never know. But suggesting that passing out GSL stickers is bad because of this incident is just plain illogical and the writer of the LTE needs to be called on that.

stay safe.

Founder's Club Member
    Sorry I didn't get back to this after posting. It was a very early night yesterday and a long day today but I did get to see two friends near and dear to me finally tie the knot.
    Thank you Bill for picked up my slack on this post!!!