Thread: Paul Scott for SOS

Paul Scott for SOS

I contacted all 5 of the GOP Secretary of State candidates about where they stood on CPL processing going to the SOS over county boards. I believe only a couple bothered to respond including Paul Scott who is currently in the State House. He was a little concerned how this would be administrated if a liberal SOS got in and I presume if the law was written weakly. Yesterday about 3 weeks after following up with one of his reps at the County convention the Paul Scott campaign sent out a e-mail with this quote:

Today in the State House, I am introduced House Bill 6410; legislation to amend the licensing, processing, and maintenance of the concealed pistol permit application, establishing this as a responsibility of the Secretary of State.

HB 6410 would allow the Secretary of States office have power over licensing, approval, and maintenance of the concealed pistol permit application. The purpose behind this legislation is to make it easier for law abiding citizens to obtain a CCW without going through separate county boards. No more waiting on county boards to meet, it will be done as you need it at Secretary of State branch offices.
    I will be giving him my vote tomorrow at the convention. If any other delegates are here I recommend him to you as well.

Sounds good to me, the only thing that worries me is every time they need money they increase the costs at SOS, I would hope cpl license costs wouldn't go up when other fees are raised.

We need to get a good AG nominated too, a liberal AG could ruin reciprocity, machine guns, and lots of other "opinions" that have went in our favor.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. Savage.Detroit, if he makes on the ballot he's got my vote.

too bad he didn't get the nomination