• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Scott for SOS

Savage.Detroit

I contacted all 5 of the GOP Secretary of State candidates about where they stood on CPL processing going to the SOS over county boards. I believe only a couple bothered to respond including Paul Scott who is currently in the State House. He was a little concerned how this would be administrated if a liberal SOS got in and I presume if the law was written weakly. Yesterday about 3 weeks after following up with one of his reps at the County convention the Paul Scott campaign sent out a e-mail with this quote:

Today in the State House, I am introduced House Bill 6410; legislation to amend the licensing, processing, and maintenance of the concealed pistol permit application, establishing this as a responsibility of the Secretary of State.

HB 6410 would allow the Secretary of States office have power over licensing, approval, and maintenance of the concealed pistol permit application. The purpose behind this legislation is to make it easier for law abiding citizens to obtain a CCW without going through separate county boards. No more waiting on county boards to meet, it will be done as you need it at Secretary of State branch offices.

I will be giving him my vote tomorrow at the convention. If any other delegates are here I recommend him to you as well.

detroit_fan

Sounds good to me, the only thing that worries me is every time they need money they increase the costs at SOS, I would hope cpl license costs wouldn't go up when other fees are raised.

We need to get a good AG nominated too, a liberal AG could ruin reciprocity, machine guns, and lots of other "opinions" that have went in our favor.