• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA announced today it will not endorse Senate Majority Leader Harry Re

28kfps

After careful consideration, the NRA-PVF announced today that it will not be endorsing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for re-election in the 2010 U.S. Senate race in Nevada.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I'm more excited to vote for Sharron Angle than anyone else I've voted for thus far. Has there ever been an election that wasn't a "lesser of two evils" election? If anyone else won the Republican Primary I'd see it as even more of a race between the lesser of two evils. I think she actually might be a small-government Republican, and her views on guns are fantastic. I don't think any of the other Republicans that ran in the primary could be classified as small-government Republicans. Some of the other Republicans claimed to support Republican ideals but only were willing to say so in vague terms and were too afraid to alienate themselves by actually voicing any opinion that can be criticized that you can't even tell where they stand. I don't like voting for candidates that you can't even distinguish one from another except for whatever typically misleading and trivial scandals they accuse each other of.

There are some things about her I don't like, such as her support of the religious right, but I think she is a much lesser evil than Reid, and the best candidate from the possibilities to oppose Reid.

I actually wish a lot of the statements made by Reid about Angle's position were more true. She's watered down some of her ideas, or at least has become less explicit about them, and is not making as strong of a claim to reduce the size of the Federal government as I'd like her to. I'd like to see as many federal agencies and programs as possible be exterminated.

Last edited:

Gordie

That's because if they (the Reid campaign) told you the whole story, in context, then you would know that they are lying to you. Would we expect anything less?