• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second class citizens

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/101657293.html

When a major league baseball player gets robbed at gunpoint its headline news...

Thinking about how many people are robbed in Milwaukee at gunpoint daily makes one realize how there are 2 classes of people. Those who matter and those who don't.

Its a shame the attention the media will devote to an athlete being the victim of a crime but when a "regular" person is a victim of a crime, its not news.

The right to carry is about equality. Plain and simple. Its the ability of regular folks to protect themselves despite the fact that only the elite in this country seem to matter.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
how much you want to bet NOW that a major league athlete was robbed at gunpoint on Milwaukee's southside the MPD will devote a few days of "special" blanketing police presence (surely while the media is there to film it) and then after the media leaves, leave the "regular" folks to fend for themselves.... defenseless as Wisconsin so clearly enjoys making the good guys easy victims for the bad guys.

M

McX

i don't mind being labeled a second class citizen, i'm second class to the cops because i exercise my rights. i'm second class to the leftists because i believe in and exercise my rights, i'm second class, and expendable to my government, second class should be amended to 2nd class- like 2nd amendment class individual!

protias

Of course it isn't news when a "regular Joe" gets robbed. It is only news when someone gets murdered or the attacker get killed.

A person who gets attacked in Indy gets reported, but in Milwaukee, nope. I think it is due to the media being more liberal in the "fair and balanced" WI.

anmut

Doesn't surprise me - they have way too much to do what with all that yummy federal money coming in for the Train To Nowhere.

Also, I'd like to echo what was already stated in a big way - "WITH ALL THE GFSZ's IN MILWAUKEE, HOW IS THIS CRIME EVEN HAPPENING?!!!"

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The comments on the article are hilarious. No doubt some of them from you guys (the ones pointing out that the robbery was in a school zone, therefore, how could that happen.)