• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exercising Constitutional Carry?

anmut

My eyes were opened to the OC movement and regulations last year. The more I've learned the more I've come to the conclusion that most of you have - that is that OC is great, CC could be great depending on how the law is pushed through but in reality what the citizens of this state deserve is Constitutional Carry.

CC is still in the distance and Constitutional Carry (I believe) is only possible if we had a conservative, small, liberty minded government in WI. Now unless Madison drops into the center of the earth suddenly I don't see that happening in the next 50 years.

So are we as advocates willing to not exercise this right until the law is changed or are we obligate to exercise even under penalty of law what we believe is right under the Constitution?

Is there any chance for Constitutional Carry in this super blue state or are we better off just moving to Alaska or Arizona? :)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The Wisconsin Republican Party platform was changed this year to remove the words "permit" from the right to carry platform.

So anyone running in the Republican Party should be asked if they support the party platform when it comes to right to carry.

I can only speak for my assembly district, (the 84th) but both leading Republican candidates support Alaska, Vermont, Arizona style human right to carry. (i hesitate to use constitution carry because rights precede the constitution and the constitution doesn't enumerate all of our rights, only a few)

As to whether its possible. A year ago I would have said no. Now I think it is.

I don't even think it would be a LOT of work. Just a little work by a lot of people.

If every person on OCDO and every WCI member contacted the candidates in their district and made sure they understood "human right to carry" and that the Republican platform supports human right to carry I think its got a great shot.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
So are we as advocates willing to not exercise this right until the law is changed or are we obligate to exercise even under penalty of law what we believe is right under the Constitution?
RULES said:
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
RULES said:
(13) MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED: Signing up multiple accounts (or alts) is a tactic employed by spammers and trolls and not legitimate members. Doing so will result in the banning of all accounts involved.

VegasGeorge

Although I never see it discussed, we Nevadans already have "constitutional carry." Article 1, Section 11 of the Nevada State Constitution makes that abundantly clear.

"Sec. 11. Right to keep and bear arms; civil power supreme.
1. Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes."

Please note that our Nevada right to keep and bear arms is significantly different than our 2nd Amendment right. In Nevada our State Constitution specifically says we have the right to bear arms "for security and self defense." And, there is no reference to militias.

There is no possible interpretation of that section that would disallow the personal carrying of firearms. If you don't have your gun with you, you can't defend yourself with it. Period.

Everyone should be aware of their own State's Constitutional provisions.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
^^^ In a perfect world we could just get the restrictive statutes removed or amended and WI would indeed have constitutional carry.

However this is Wisconsin the Land of 100,000 laws, and even though some may be optimistic about Constitutional Carry right off the bat, I'm thinking it will be an uphill battle all the way.

anmut

The issue always is; that it is easier to make a law against then it is to repeal that law down the road. Especially when ego-driven bureaucrats are thrown into the mix.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Repealing laws is a horrible stumbling block for even the best intentioned. South Carolina used the pro-NRA laws in existence when the grassroots gun rights movement started, now they're pretty well stuck with ccw. OC/CC will be an up hill battle through entrenched NRA anti-freedom slaves (like Spartacus).

Notice how <deleted> jumped right in, he follows me around like a dog wanting to be kicked, being more attention than he gets at work.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Repealing laws is a horrible stumbling block for even the best intentioned. South Carolina used the pro-NRA laws in existence when the grassroots gun rights movement started, now they're pretty well stuck with ccw. OC/CC will be an up hill battle through entrenched NRA anti-freedom slaves (like Spartacus).

Notice how <deleted> jumped right in, he follows me around like a dog wanting to be kicked, being more attention than he gets at work.

It doesn't surprise me that you kick your dog.

The uphill battle will be in liberal legislature NRA or not.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Everyone should be aware of their own State's Constitutional provisions.

NV doesn't require a permit for OC or CC?

WI has a constitutional right to carry. Article 1 Section 25 "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Its funny that you should be the one posting Rule 13 Dougie...

Doug - this is the only account I have, don't know what you are making reference to.

I think that Doug's unspoken point is that several WCI-BOD Members have multiple accounts.

ADDED: I think the rule should apply to SPAMMERS and ANTI-GUN TROLLS. Anyone else without malicious intent should not be in question.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
I think that Doug's unspoken point is that several WCI-BOD Members have multiple accounts.

ADDED: I think the rule should apply to SPAMMERS and ANTI-GUN TROLLS. Anyone else without malicious intent should not be in question.

They absolutely should be in question when sockpuppets tag-team each other to support a post to make it appear as though a majority supports the opinion.