• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newspaper Article from Oakland press about our visit on aug. 26th

Jerbear1098

Nice polo shirt the attorney is wearing. What ever happened to dress for the office?

He is right.... it is the law, weather they like it or not.

detroit_fan

i agree with him, you guys need to think about the children! they may be damaged for life if they see someone openly carrying a gun!

it's hard to even type that without laughing

jt59

AGO opinion

It seems like if they are confused (council), they should make a formal request to the AGO for the state to issue an opinion....has no elected leader made this request? Is there not a 2A friendly legislator willing to do so?

That will (presumably), strengthen the position of OC.....

kubel

Mark Holtz does not understand MCL 123.1102. It doesn't matter if they have an exemption clause- the State of Michigan specifically prohibits any ordinances or regulations that prohibit the possession of firearms. It doesn't say "... unless you have certain exemptions".

The ordinance in its entirety is illegal- exemption too.

malignity

When Harley McIdiot comes in with an AK-47 and starts shooting, you better believe I will be thinking about the children when I draw my own firearm and put him down. I'll be thinking about my own (future) kids, and those at the festival getting shot at.

Perception is everything.