• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warning - grips4guns Unfair Practices

VegasGeorge

I just ordered, received, and returned an expensive set of Rosewood grips from grips4guns. The grips I ordered were shown on a page that specifically said they would fit the S&W X frame. When I received them, they went in place OK, but had at least an eight of an inch play forward and back. On examining the interior of the grip I could see that the cutout for the frame was way too wide for the handle of the gun. I called grips4guns to ask about the problem. I was given two options: (1) go buy plastic wood and fill the void space in the grip myself, or (2) return the grip for a refund less the charged shipping. I wan't about to do a Redneck job on my gun, so I elected to return the grips. In doing so I lost the $9.95 which I had paid them for shipping.

They didn't care what it said on their website. They tried to tell me that it was S&W's fault.

So, don't be buying anything from grips4guns unless you're willing to pay for the shipping if the goods aren't as advertised.

Gunslinger

That's too bad. I bought a set of Rosewoods for my full sized SIG 1911 and they fit perfectly, so no complaints. Well made and great looking. They should have refunded your shipping as the product did not perform as advertised. Talk to the owner.

.45acp

I just ordered, received, and returned an expensive set of Rosewood grips from grips4guns. The grips I ordered were shown on a page that specifically said they would fit the S&W X frame. When I received them, they went in place OK, but had at least an eight of an inch play forward and back. On examining the interior of the grip I could see that the cutout for the frame was way too wide for the handle of the gun. I called grips4guns to ask about the problem. I was given two options: (1) go buy plastic wood and fill the void space in the grip myself, or (2) return the grip for a refund less the charged shipping. I wan't about to do a Redneck job on my gun, so I elected to return the grips. In doing so I lost the $9.95 which I had paid them for shipping.

They didn't care what it said on their website. They tried to tell me that it was S&W's fault.

So, don't be buying anything from grips4guns unless you're willing to pay for the shipping if the goods aren't as advertised.

If you ordered by Credit Card call your card holder and despute the shipping charge......that is pure BS to charge you for shipping on faulty goods...dispute it.

Last edited:

VegasGeorge

Yes, I thought about doing the credit card dispute thing. But I hesitate doing it for such a small amount. I've had to resort to that remedy a few times over the years in more serious situations. I just don't to get flagged as a constant complainer or as someone who is trying to work the system. It's a question of picking the hills your willing to die on. This just isn't that big a deal.

Fallschirjmäger

IF it was "Smith & Wesson's fault" then it means that out of the millions of pistols S&W produced yours was machined so that the grips wouldn't fit properly. IF that's true you have a collector's item, congratulations.

On the other hand, what are the chances that the interior of the grip panels were carved incorrectly?
Grips4Guns.com seems to believe that S&W maintains tight tolerances on their frames.- -
Smith and Wesson frames also have very tight tolerances and you'll rarely run into significant frame variation even with stainless/nickel.

Last edited:

Gregory Smith

Grips4Guns "Unfair Practices"

I have purchased about a dozen pairs of grips for single and double action and semi-automatic handguns from Grips4Less. I have found them to be personable, knowledgable and professional. If I am ever in doubt about a particular handgun, I call and talk with them in advance. This seems to be both common sense and good communication. Perhaps had you done that, they would have offered to cover the cost of return shipment for you. Alienating a seller seriously limits your options. As the noted cognitive psychologist James Jenkins used to remind us, "Friends may come and friends may go, but enemies accumulate." They appear to be very knowledgable about manufacturing changes (e.g. Colt Pythons). However, from your letter, you do not indicate that you did this. Now that the horse is "out of the barn" is no time to disparage their reputation publically and accuse them of bieng "unfair".

To accuse a company of "unfair practices" covers a lot of ground. In this case, it was because one pair of grips did not fit one particular gun. That seems a little hyperbolic. All of the grips I have purchased have fit perfectly. If I am ever in doubt, I call them first and I communicate with them in advance. We all know that gun manufacturers arbitrarily change dimensions of handgun frames from time to time for no apparent reason. Perhaps if you had done this, they would have agreed to pay the cost of return shipping. I have always found the people with whom I have spoken at Grips4Guns to be courteous, polite and professional.

Just about everyone who orders items where shipping is not pre-paid by the seller understands that the cost of postage both ways is traditionally borne by the buyer, not the seller. Accusing Grips4Guns of being disreputable or dishonest (by implication) or "unfair" in their business practices suggests that, from a semantic perspective, that they are unfair in all of their practices - past, present nad future - which is a claimm that I doubt you have adequate experience with this company to make with any degree of certainty. In sum, accusing them of "unfair practices" over one pair of grips seems like gross over-kill. In my experience, spanning several years of doing business with this company, I have never found them to behave less than ethically and reputably.

Just wanted to share a different experience with this seller based on multiple purchases made spanning a duration of several years.
Sorry you had this experience with this company, and that you did not report it a bit more equitably.

Randall Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics
Yale University, and
Shootist

JustaShooter

Holy thread necromancy Batman!

So, you drag up this three-year-old thread to bash the OP? And in so doing, it appears you misrepresented the OP - or perhaps you simply misread the OP. Don't they teach reading comprehension and ethics in the linguistics department at Yale? :rolleyes:

In either case your Ph.D. would appear to stand for "piled higher and deeper" rather than "Philosophiae Doctor".

Last edited:

vegaspassat

I have purchased about a dozen pairs of grips for single and double action and semi-automatic handguns from Grips4Less. I have found them to be personable, knowledgable and professional. If I am ever in doubt about a particular handgun, I call and talk with them in advance. This seems to be both common sense and good communication. Perhaps had you done that, they would have offered to cover the cost of return shipment for you. Alienating a seller seriously limits your options. As the noted cognitive psychologist James Jenkins used to remind us, "Friends may come and friends may go, but enemies accumulate." They appear to be very knowledgable about manufacturing changes (e.g. Colt Pythons). However, from your letter, you do not indicate that you did this. Now that the horse is "out of the barn" is no time to disparage their reputation publically and accuse them of bieng "unfair".

To accuse a company of "unfair practices" covers a lot of ground. In this case, it was because one pair of grips did not fit one particular gun. That seems a little hyperbolic. All of the grips I have purchased have fit perfectly. If I am ever in doubt, I call them first and I communicate with them in advance. We all know that gun manufacturers arbitrarily change dimensions of handgun frames from time to time for no apparent reason. Perhaps if you had done this, they would have agreed to pay the cost of return shipping. I have always found the people with whom I have spoken at Grips4Guns to be courteous, polite and professional.

Just about everyone who orders items where shipping is not pre-paid by the seller understands that the cost of postage both ways is traditionally borne by the buyer, not the seller. Accusing Grips4Guns of being disreputable or dishonest (by implication) or "unfair" in their business practices suggests that, from a semantic perspective, that they are unfair in all of their practices - past, present nad future - which is a claimm that I doubt you have adequate experience with this company to make with any degree of certainty. In sum, accusing them of "unfair practices" over one pair of grips seems like gross over-kill. In my experience, spanning several years of doing business with this company, I have never found them to behave less than ethically and reputably.

Just wanted to share a different experience with this seller based on multiple purchases made spanning a duration of several years.
Sorry you had this experience with this company, and that you did not report it a bit more equitably.

Randall Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics
Yale University, and
Shootist

Dafuq did I just read? Are you seriously accusing the op of wrong doing by by presenting negative feedback about this company?

1st post, has location set as Harrison (Yale is located in New Haven), doesn't exist as a professor according to Yale's website, criticizing the op for revealing a crap company.....a company troll, I doth smell

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

vegaspassat

I like how he hasn't posted again. I'm left to assume he works for the company. If I didn't have second thoughts about using them before, these cheap internet shenanigans have DEFINITELY swayed me from ever purchasing from grips4guns