Thread: Is Boulder city still illegal without a permit

Founder's Club Member

Is Boulder city still illegal without a permit

Last time I visited Boulder city still had some ordinances banning vehicle carry and carry without a permit. Has anything changed in light of the fairly new state preemption (SB 92)?

Only the state can regulate firearms, local ordinances are preempted except for registration in counties whose population is over 400,000. Bolder City's law is unenforceable.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Only the state can regulate firearms, local ordinances are preempted except for registration in counties whose population is over 400,000. Bolder City's law is unenforceable.
    Is that what Boulder city police thinks or I have to be arrested and fight it based on the preemption?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    Is that what Boulder city police thinks or I have to be arrested and fight it based on the preemption?
    for sure you are going to have a free raid. it is easy for them to do so, than rather read and understand the law.

It does not matter what Boulder City thinks, per Nevada Law.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I would fail to see how a firearm carried in a holster could not be considered to fall under (2) above from the Boulder City ordinances. ...
    LT, FYI, the code you cite is from Colorado. We are in Nevada.

Here is a link to the Boulder City, Nevada City Code

http://sterling.webiness.com/codeboo...hp?book_id=417

And the section at issue:

7-1-3: DISCHARGING FIREARMS, AIR GUNS:

No person except a sheriff, constable or police officer shall fire or discharge any firearms or air guns of any description within one thousand (1,000) yards of any building, street, sidewalk, alley, highway or other public place or have anyfirearms or air gun in his possession within one thousand (1,000) yards of any building, street, sidewalk, alley, highway or public place unless it is unloaded and knocked down or enclosed within a carrying case; provided, that this Section shall not prevent the maintenance and use of duly supervised rifle or pistol ranges or shooting galleries authorized by the City Council. This Section shall not prohibit the stocking of firearms by duly authorized dealers in the same. (Ord. 28, 1-3-1960, eff. 1-4-1960)

Ken

Dumb laws.

Today I was shopping for a ccw gun for my wife and north lv and bc came up. The owner of the store said that the NRA and some other groups are have a lawsuit against the two cities for their anti carry and anti gun friendly laws. I hope this is true.

Yes it is true, I met the victim that the NRA is suing on behalf of.... can you believe this, when i was in a local gun store purchasing my holster for the "gun" I will be carrying when it is time to go to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    Yes it is true, I met the victim that the NRA is suing on behalf of.... can you believe this, when i was in a local gun store purchasing my holster for the "gun" I will be carrying when it is time to go to the park.
    Shocking you're not going to take your EDC.
    I would like to take my XDm but that's only because it takes a lot of force to drop a full mag while the slide's in battery. Unless you know the trick. ;^)
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!