Thread: WA Permit + Others = Carry Where Else?

WA Permit + Others = Carry Where Else?

Confusing title?

I know this is Open Carry.org, but I would bet that most here have Washington CPL's and some would be interested in the following.

I researched on handgunlaw.us to see what additional states I could carry in if I get other state's permits in addition to my Washington permit. Disclaimers:

> These lists were made 8/28/10 based on handgunlaw.us at that time, there may be mistakes there, info may change, and I may have made mistakes in compilation. Use at own risk.

> This reflected the fact that I have a WA CPL, I'll have an Oregon permit shortly, then I looked at other permits that are obtainable by non-residents of those states.

Here we go, it assumes you're a WA resident, hopefully it's self-explanatory:

Constitutional Carry (no permit required): Alaska, Arizona, Vermont

Above + Washington permit adds: Washington, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia

Above + Oregon permit adds: Oregon, Nebraska

Above + Utah permit adds: Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wyoming

Above + Florida permit adds: Kansas, New Mexico

Above + Nevada adds: Nevada (must apply in person for NV permit)

FWIW
    Last edited by alienbogey; 08-28-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: corrections/expansion

Constitutional Carry (no permit required): Alaska, Arizona, Vermont

Above + Washington permit adds: Washington, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia
    FYI...Florida recognizes Washington resident CPL's, so as a WA resident, you are good to go in FL.

Are the open carry states with out a permit listed as well? Instead of just plain concealed carry?
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Phssthpok : Thanks for catching that, the list has been corrected.

I've added the Utah permit.

No, the list is concealed carry only, I didn't look at open carry at all.

i studied CPLs and reciprosity for the last couple of weeks....

constitutional carry = 29 OC states, and 3 CC states.
    wash CPL adds 4 OC states, and 19 CC states.
    then utah adds 3 more OC states, and 9 more CC states.
    plus we should get a CHL for Oregon, to add CC there.
    this combonation gives you 36 OC states, and 32 CC states.

the Florida and utah permits are very similar.
    utah has OC and CC in minnisota, but no CC in kansas or new mexico, but these states
    are OC friendly, and have NO restrictions on car carry, so not a big loss.

florida will give you CC in kansas and new mexico, but you will not be able to OC or CC
    in minnisota, and you wont be able to car carry there either.

im still finnishing my list, it is based on handgunlaw.us, and OCDO maps/state info.
    i hope to scan my comprehensive listing, and post it for all to see, soon
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I've found this site helpful for CC reciprocity.

Wow, this is really good work!

I think I'm just going to have a "staycation"....what do you think about the Utah shortcut at Cabella's for some of this?

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    constitutional carry = 29 OC states, and 3 CC states.
    wash CPL adds 4 OC states, and 19 CC states.
    then utah adds 3 more OC states, and 9 more CC states.
    plus we should get a CHL for Oregon, to add CC there.
    this combonation gives you 36 OC states, and 32 CC states.

the Florida and utah permits are very similar.
    utah has OC and CC in minnisota, but no CC in kansas or new mexico, but these states
    are OC friendly, and have NO restrictions on car carry, so not a big loss.

florida will give you CC in kansas and new mexico, but you will not be able to OC or CC
    in minnisota, and you wont be able to car carry there either.

im still finnishing my list, it is based on handgunlaw.us, and OCDO maps/state info.
    i hope to scan my comprehensive listing, and post it for all to see, soon
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

hey jt59...

i took the utah class at cabelas,,,,70$ + 65.25$ to utah + a stamp...
    the class is a joke,,, but it fulfills the requirements, and Everythung is included!!
    should come in the mail in about 7 more weeks.
    going to stop somewhere in Oregon during a trip im planning soon and get my CHL there...
    if you take the on line maryland hand gun safety class, and print out the certificate,
    the grant county sheriff will issue non-res permits to us at the gun show in pualiup this october...

thanks for breakfast!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-29-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Wow, this is really good work!

I think I'm just going to have a "staycation"....what do you think about the Utah shortcut at Cabella's for some of this?
    I was at the gunstore in McKenna awhile back, and picked up a flyer for Utah Concealed Weapon Class @ the Roy library & community center for $35... that was scheduled for mid-August, but I get the impression it's a semi-regular thing. Might not do the fingerprints and all though - I never called. Can provide the POC info if you want to check it out.