• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Permit + Others = Carry Where Else?

alienbogey

Confusing title?

I know this is Open Carry.org, but I would bet that most here have Washington CPL's and some would be interested in the following.

I researched on handgunlaw.us to see what additional states I could carry in if I get other state's permits in addition to my Washington permit. Disclaimers:

> These lists were made 8/28/10 based on handgunlaw.us at that time, there may be mistakes there, info may change, and I may have made mistakes in compilation. Use at own risk.

> This reflected the fact that I have a WA CPL, I'll have an Oregon permit shortly, then I looked at other permits that are obtainable by non-residents of those states.

Here we go, it assumes you're a WA resident, hopefully it's self-explanatory:

Constitutional Carry (no permit required): Alaska, Arizona, Vermont

Above + Washington permit adds: Washington, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia

Above + Oregon permit adds: Oregon, Nebraska

Above + Utah permit adds: Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wyoming

Above + Florida permit adds: Kansas, New Mexico

Above + Nevada adds: Nevada (must apply in person for NV permit)

FWIW

Last edited:

Phssthpok

Constitutional Carry (no permit required): Alaska, Arizona, Vermont

Above + Washington permit adds: Washington, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia

FYI...Florida recognizes Washington resident CPL's, so as a WA resident, you are good to go in FL.;)

1245A Defender

i studied CPLs and reciprosity for the last couple of weeks....

constitutional carry = 29 OC states, and 3 CC states.
wash CPL adds 4 OC states, and 19 CC states.
then utah adds 3 more OC states, and 9 more CC states.
plus we should get a CHL for Oregon, to add CC there.
this combonation gives you 36 OC states, and 32 CC states.

the Florida and utah permits are very similar.
utah has OC and CC in minnisota, but no CC in kansas or new mexico, but these states
are OC friendly, and have NO restrictions on car carry, so not a big loss.

florida will give you CC in kansas and new mexico, but you will not be able to OC or CC
in minnisota, and you wont be able to car carry there either.

im still finnishing my list, it is based on handgunlaw.us, and OCDO maps/state info.
i hope to scan my comprehensive listing, and post it for all to see, soon

jt59

Wow, this is really good work!

I think I'm just going to have a "staycation"....what do you think about the Utah shortcut at Cabella's for some of this?

constitutional carry = 29 OC states, and 3 CC states.
wash CPL adds 4 OC states, and 19 CC states.
then utah adds 3 more OC states, and 9 more CC states.
plus we should get a CHL for Oregon, to add CC there.
this combonation gives you 36 OC states, and 32 CC states.

the Florida and utah permits are very similar.
utah has OC and CC in minnisota, but no CC in kansas or new mexico, but these states
are OC friendly, and have NO restrictions on car carry, so not a big loss.

florida will give you CC in kansas and new mexico, but you will not be able to OC or CC
in minnisota, and you wont be able to car carry there either.

im still finnishing my list, it is based on handgunlaw.us, and OCDO maps/state info.
i hope to scan my comprehensive listing, and post it for all to see, soon

1245A Defender

hey jt59...

i took the utah class at cabelas,,,,70$ + 65.25$ to utah + a stamp...
the class is a joke,,, but it fulfills the requirements, and Everythung is included!!
should come in the mail in about 7 more weeks.
going to stop somewhere in Oregon during a trip im planning soon and get my CHL there...
if you take the on line maryland hand gun safety class, and print out the certificate,
the grant county sheriff will issue non-res permits to us at the gun show in pualiup this october...

thanks for breakfast!!!:banana:

Last edited:

tony d tiger

Wow, this is really good work!

I think I'm just going to have a "staycation"....what do you think about the Utah shortcut at Cabella's for some of this?

I was at the gunstore in McKenna awhile back, and picked up a flyer for Utah Concealed Weapon Class @ the Roy library & community center for $35... that was scheduled for mid-August, but I get the impression it's a semi-regular thing. Might not do the fingerprints and all though - I never called. Can provide the POC info if you want to check it out.