• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Fiesta Hermosa next weekend!

DEFENSOR

see ya there

This is going to be a great event, I'm really looking forward to it. Please bring friends.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
When I see that map with all of the school zones mapped out and all of the little lots that represent one or more law abiding citizens that can't step out side their home open carrying, the impact of 2nd amendment government infringement really kicks in. I would imagine maps like this would be exhibits "A" through "ZZZZZ" when the school zones go before SCOTUS.

hgreen

Need Your Help!

Hi Everyone,
We were GIVEN a booth at Fiesta Hermosa that is good through Monday. But I can't man it by myself all 3 days.

Your help is needed. Even if you can just come for a couple hours to help share the booth.

It starts at 10am and goes to 6pm tomorrow and Monday.

Have no doubt, we are reaching hundreds of people with our message and changing the negative stereotypes by being at this festival. Please come show your support!

Here are pictures from today: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22180&id=122802434426757&ref=mf

We are located at the base of the Pier, spot 2. Event details can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137508676293069&index=1

hgreen

Has the city of Hermosa Beach lost its mind, haha !?!?!

I dare say this is what happens when you take the time and effort upfront to meet with police and have open communications with them.

I know this may not be a popular MO around here but it has worked wonders in Hermosa Beach.

Where else has a police chief and member of the chamber of commerce worked to ensure an open carry group gets a table at a city fair?

cato

I dare say this is what happens when you take the time and effort upfront to meet with police and have open communications with them...

Where else has a police chief and member of the chamber of commerce worked to ensure an open carry group gets a table at a city fair?

The above bears quoting. It is a good thing to see happen. Now perhaps is a good time to open a discussion with the C.O.P. about his 12050 LTC policies? Does he issue at all?

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

I walked around the entire festival today and didnt see the booth !!! Were you guys in the same spot ?

hgreen

I walked around the entire festival today and didnt see the booth !!! Were you guys in the same spot ?

We were right at the base of the pier with all the other non-profit groups. Were there all day, just left the booth.

Some folks from calguns came down and open carried with us too.

We'll be there tomorrow too!

hgreen

Amazing Turn Out

Today we signed up over 50 people to our email discussion list, handed out hundreds of fliers, and talked to so many people who were joyed to hear about their right to open carry.

We will be back tomorrow to do the same, but need your help to come talk to people and man the booth!

Check out the pictures from today: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=26923&id=122802434426757&ref=mf

We are located at the base of the pier in the free speech zone. Again, we're the ones with the guns!

www.southbayopencarry.org

Hawaii FiveO

That picture of the auto-loader with the surfboard in to background logo should have been pointed down, inside a holster. A gun pointing at the neighbor to the right might give an anti-gun person the impression that it shows lack of sensitivity. I know it's just a picture but showing the public a picture with a holstered gun pointing downwards would seem more appropriate.
Just my 2 centavos worth.
Eddie

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Well done Mr. Green. I think this is good community outreach- between working with local law enforcement and the community service aspect you have taken, this is about the place an 'organized' group should probably be.

Wc

That picture of the auto-loader with the surfboard in to background logo should have been pointed down, inside a holster. A gun pointing at the neighbor to the right might give an anti-gun person the impression that it shows lack of sensitivity. I know it's just a picture but showing the public a picture with a holstered gun pointing downwards would seem more appropriate.
Just my 2 centavos worth.
Eddie

LOL, in case you might didn't notice that posted of "MEG 2010" isn't a anti-gun?

Good job folks!

Ca Patriot

I finally found the booth today but there were like 10 people asking questions I couldnt say hi.

Anyway, good job on the booth, looks like it went well for the gun rights movement.