Thread: Woman Buys AR After Home Invasion

Woman Buys AR After Home Invasion

She already had a handgun and was ready to shoot...now look.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

well in NC she could have just shot them through the door. if they had gotten in different story

Excellent! You gotta love a strong woman.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Good for her for being prepared. And the extra armament is a plus. Being in TX I'm pretty sure she could have shot them through the door or window. TX has a really strong castle doctrine and given what was on tape no jury in TX would have faulted her.

Am I just nuts or would a nice shotgun be just a little better than a damn AR in a populated neighborhood for home protection?

One shot thru the wall ... goes from protection to involuntary manslaughter in a heartbeat.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    Am I just nuts or would a nice shotgun be just a little better than a damn AR in a populated neighborhood for home protection?

One shot thru the wall ... goes from protection to involuntary manslaughter in a heartbeat.

I purchased "MAGSAFE" rounds for my S&W.40 for in home protection. They are supposed to penetrate no more than 12 inches I think, and damage walls less if there is a miss. I bought the gun for my wife. I have a laser on it and all she has to do is point and click. hopefully as easy as that is, there shouldn't be any misses.
    Last edited by PincheOgro1; 08-29-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post

Yeah probably. But consider it marketing. If these (and other) low lifes watch the news I bet their pucker factor hit 10 on the sphincter scale! So she's probably much safer now anyway.

Short Barrel + Proper ammo (JHP's) = Minimal penetration.

AR's make fine home defense rifles. I have a 20 round Pmag full of low velocity JHP's. I have the pistol too, but it never hurts to be prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

they cut the phone line!

That is scary, that means the probly did not care if someone was home. Good for her for getting a BIGGER gun. Those guys had real bad intentions.

Talking "know your target and what is beyond it at all times"

I might take an extra moment to make sure I have a good center-mass (meaty) target prior to squeezing the trigger on my AR through the closed door. Just a moment. I keep FMJ's in my mag's at the house.

Another fine round to carefully send through the door would be the 12ga. slugs in my 500A.

Of course, good for her for being ready and armed. I just hope she knows where those projectiles will go if she misses the mark.

I LOVE the price tag hanging off the rifle ... PRICELESS!
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson