• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman Buys AR After Home Invasion

OPS MARINE

She already had a handgun and was ready to shoot...now look.
[video=youtube;VxUxpnXGJ7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxUxpnXGJ7M[/video]

coolusername2007

Good for her for being prepared. And the extra armament is a plus. Being in TX I'm pretty sure she could have shot them through the door or window. TX has a really strong castle doctrine and given what was on tape no jury in TX would have faulted her.

rotty

Am I just nuts or would a nice shotgun be just a little better than a damn AR in a populated neighborhood for home protection?

One shot thru the wall ... goes from protection to involuntary manslaughter in a heartbeat.

PincheOgro1

Am I just nuts or would a nice shotgun be just a little better than a damn AR in a populated neighborhood for home protection?

One shot thru the wall ... goes from protection to involuntary manslaughter in a heartbeat.

I purchased "MAGSAFE" rounds for my S&W.40 for in home protection. They are supposed to penetrate no more than 12 inches I think, and damage walls less if there is a miss. I bought the gun for my wife. I have a laser on it and all she has to do is point and click. hopefully as easy as that is, there shouldn't be any misses.

Last edited:

coolusername2007

Yeah probably. But consider it marketing. If these (and other) low lifes watch the news I bet their pucker factor hit 10 on the sphincter scale! So she's probably much safer now anyway.

slowfiveoh

Short Barrel + Proper ammo (JHP's) = Minimal penetration.

AR's make fine home defense rifles. I have a 20 round Pmag full of low velocity JHP's. I have the pistol too, but it never hurts to be prepared. :)

Livermoron

"know your target and what is beyond it at all times"

I might take an extra moment to make sure I have a good center-mass (meaty) target prior to squeezing the trigger on my AR through the closed door. Just a moment. I keep FMJ's in my mag's at the house.

Another fine round to carefully send through the door would be the 12ga. slugs in my 500A.

Of course, good for her for being ready and armed. I just hope she knows where those projectiles will go if she misses the mark.