Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: 15 Year Old Uses AR to Defend Home

  1. #1
    Regular Member OPS MARINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , California, USA
    Posts
    392

    15 Year Old Uses AR to Defend Home


    This is the way things are supposed to be. That anus got what was coming to him. Do you see how the boy stopped shooting once there was no longer a threat? Good for him.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

  2. #2
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Is there a link to another story! This is the third thread that makes no sense. I'm on an iPhone and see no
    Link.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    113
    It's a video from youtube that is in the thread. I guess you can't see it when it's embedded, or whatever it's called, directly into the post.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,603

    Link to the story

    HOUSTON The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

    http://www.khou.com/home/Deputy-Son-...-98962129.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member PincheOgro1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Perris, Ca., California, USA
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post

    This is the way things are supposed to be. That anus got what was coming to him. Do you see how the boy stopped shooting once there was no longer a threat? Good for him.

    I whole heartedly agree OPS. Semper Fi

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137
    Yea its good he could defend himself and his sister, if that had happen here chances are they gun owner would be getting in trouble for the kids having access to it and the surviving robbers would sue and that's just sad that it has come to this. The criminals are more protected than the victims.

  7. #7
    Regular Member leoffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    309
    i like how the first thing she said was "assualt rifle"

  8. #8
    Regular Member hgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    470
    Also written up in American Rifleman September 2010 edition, page 10.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    204
    Why the hell does she kept saying assault rifle, and with emphasis too on the word "assault"?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Susanville, California, USA
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    Why the hell does she kept saying assault rifle, and with emphasis too on the word "assault"?
    Yep I thought thats why they are called "Assault Rifles" because when that boy and his sister were being under "Assaut" by a BG, that brave young man protected himself and sister with a rifle. !
    Its a rifle to use against all knid of "Assaults" Animal or Human BG's.
    Robin47

  11. #11
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884
    Multiple hits with an AR and the guy still managed to get away and to the hospital. Proving that the .223 is too weak.


  12. #12
    Regular Member xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    Multiple hits with an AR and the guy still managed to get away and to the hospital. Proving that the .223 is too weak.

    shot placement!! though in his instance, he still done good.

  13. #13
    Regular Member xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    316
    Good stuff, thanks for posting.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Phoenix David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    Multiple hits with an AR and the guy still managed to get away and to the hospital. Proving that the .223 is too weak.

    The attacker was stopped. That is the goal. The goal is not to kill but to stop the attack. the .223 was 100% effective in this case.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    The attacker was stopped. That is the goal. The goal is not to kill but to stop the attack. the .223 was 100% effective in this case.
    Major +1 - shoot to STOP.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    Why the hell does she kept saying assault rifle, and with emphasis too on the word "assault"?
    It is properly called an ANTI ASSAULT rifle

  17. #17
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    It is properly called an ANTI ASSAULT rifle
    I prefer homeland defense rifle personally.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4

    Illegal under Texas law?

    A person commits an offense if a child under 17 gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence failed to secure it or left it in a place to which the person knew or should have known the child would gain access.


    It is an affirmative defense if the access was supervised by a person older than 18 and was for:

    * Hunting, sporting, or other lawful purposes.

    * Consisted of lawful defense of people or property.

    * Was gained by entering property unlawfully.

    * Or occurred during a time when the actor was engaged in an agricultural enterprise.

    *****
    Now, I understand that it's a legal defense since it was used in "lawful defense"...but how in the heck could Dad have known that when he left it available? And if he knew they'd be in danger, then wouldn't leaving the children in danger be illegal?

    Anyhow, I'm glad this kid was trained and had access to a firearm to defend himself. I hope he's coping with the stress of it, he did good.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    (b) A person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily
    dischargeable
    firearm and the person with criminal negligence:
    (1) failed to secure the firearm; or
    (2) left the firearm in a place to which the person knew or should
    have known the child would gain access.


    (2) "Readily dischargeable firearm" means a firearm that is
    loaded with ammunition, whether or not a round is in the chamber.

  20. #20
    Regular Member dukenukum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    i like how the first thing she said was "assualt rifle"
    And the way she said Assault Rifle just dripped with contempt and loathing.

  21. #21
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    i like how the first thing she said was "assualt rifle"
    It was definitely a DEFENSE RIFLE in this case.....and a damn effective one at that.

    EDIT ADD: After reading the comments about the .223 round...MY AR would have done a better job..... .308 baby!!!
    Last edited by We-the-People; 09-27-2010 at 05:37 AM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member 5o56x45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    51

    Lightbulb

    It is very important to teach your children gun safety and operation according to your own discretion.

    That kid knew how to operate that rifle. Him and his sister might be alive today because of it.

    Here are links to a couple of realy good videos for those of you who havn't seen them yet. They get a person thinking at the very least.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfanc...17/BrorxilPMFo

    http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfanc...16/ixNNsXbrkC4
    Last edited by 5o56x45; 09-30-2010 at 04:08 AM.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

  23. #23
    XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbug View Post
    A person commits an offense if a child under 17 gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence failed to secure it or left it in a place to which the person knew or should have known the child would gain access.


    It is an affirmative defense if the access was supervised by a person older than 18 and was for:

    * Hunting, sporting, or other lawful purposes.

    * Consisted of lawful defense of people or property.

    * Was gained by entering property unlawfully.

    * Or occurred during a time when the actor was engaged in an agricultural enterprise.

    *****
    Now, I understand that it's a legal defense since it was used in "lawful defense"...but how in the heck could Dad have known that when he left it available? And if he knew they'd be in danger, then wouldn't leaving the children in danger be illegal?

    Anyhow, I'm glad this kid was trained and had access to a firearm to defend himself. I hope he's coping with the stress of it, he did good.
    I believe the leo said his father was also some sort of leo, they get special privlages...

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    221
    If there is a firearm in a house everyone in that household should be proficient enough to use it in case of emergency. All my family members are able to use a weapon effectively and know how to use the weapons in our house.

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX View Post
    I believe the leo said his father was also some sort of leo, they get special privlages...
    And those are.......?

    Hint: We don't LEO bash here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •