• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

15 Year Old Uses AR to Defend Home

OPS MARINE

[video=youtube;j-q2zHIovOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-q2zHIovOE&feature=channel[/video]
This is the way things are supposed to be. That anus got what was coming to him. Do you see how the boy stopped shooting once there was no longer a threat? Good for him.

Chrisc411

Yea its good he could defend himself and his sister, if that had happen here chances are they gun owner would be getting in trouble for the kids having access to it and the surviving robbers would sue and that's just sad that it has come to this. The criminals are more protected than the victims.

Robin47

Why the hell does she kept saying assault rifle, and with emphasis too on the word "assault"?

Yep I thought thats why they are called "Assault Rifles" because when that boy and his sister were being under "Assaut" by a BG, that brave young man protected himself and sister with a rifle. !
Its a rifle to use against all knid of "Assaults" Animal or Human BG's.
Robin47 :)

gunbug

Illegal under Texas law?

A person commits an offense if a child under 17 gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence failed to secure it or left it in a place to which the person knew or should have known the child would gain access.

It is an affirmative defense if the access was supervised by a person older than 18 and was for:

* Hunting, sporting, or other lawful purposes.

* Consisted of lawful defense of people or property.

* Was gained by entering property unlawfully.

* Or occurred during a time when the actor was engaged in an agricultural enterprise.

Now, I understand that it's a legal defense since it was used in "lawful defense"...but how in the heck could Dad have known that when he left it available? And if he knew they'd be in danger, then wouldn't leaving the children in danger be illegal?

Anyhow, I'm glad this kid was trained and had access to a firearm to defend himself. I hope he's coping with the stress of it, he did good.

Jack House

(b) A person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily
dischargeable
firearm and the person with criminal negligence:
(1) failed to secure the firearm; or
(2) left the firearm in a place to which the person knew or should
have known the child would gain access.

(2) "Readily dischargeable firearm" means a firearm that is
loaded with ammunition, whether or not a round is in the chamber.