Thread: Man Shoots Knife Weilding Maniac

Man Shoots Knife Weilding Maniac

Man Shoot Knife Wielding Maniac
    Wielding is misspelled in the thread title. I apologize.

Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon on the ground. I would have reholstered immediately as the threat was writhing on the ground. I would, however, wait with my hands up.
    Last edited by OPS MARINE; 08-29-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Had to correct misspelled word.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post

Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon on the ground. I would have reholstered immediately as the threat was writhing on the ground. I would, however, wait with my hands up.
    I before E, except after C, or when sounded as A, as in neighbor and weigh.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by OPS MARINE View Post

Yeah I wouldn't have put it on the ground. That's silly. Iwould have reholstered it too.

Don't agree on getting dirt on your protection, reload and reholster. Two shots, sounds like a good double tap. But how do you attempt to stab someone in a car? Would like to know what time the shooting happened at, we know the police were called at 3. So what was response time? Did they only pick up the pace when the shots were fired?

If the attacker was still alive, I can understand the shooter keeping his gun in hand. The threat still exists, therefore your defenses should be primed.

I can concur that gun in hand when the 5-0 comes around is a dangerous thing.

Running around tryna stab people? Its not hard to stab kittens, but I suppose the challenge comes in when the kittens have firearms.

EDIT: The gun on the ground at 0:24....Glock 20?!
    Last edited by heliopolissolutions; 09-01-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlackwareRobert View Post
    Don't agree on getting dirt on your protection, reload and reholster. Two shots, sounds like a good double tap. But how do you attempt to stab someone in a car? Would like to know what time the shooting happened at, we know the police were called at 3. So what was response time? Did they only pick up the pace when the shots were fired?
    I thought about this, too, but it seems as though the shooter was trying to put his child in the car seat while this idiot was slashing at people. Before he could get into the car, he got approached and the slasher found himself on the bad end of a good decision.

I don't think we have any way of knowing, aside from contacting the PD, the response time.

Quote Originally Posted by heliopolissolutions View Post
    If the attacker was still alive, I can understand the shooter keeping his gun in hand. The threat still exists, therefore your defenses should be primed.

I can concur that gun in hand when the 5-0 comes around is a dangerous thing.

Running around tryna stab people? Its not hard to stab kittens, but I suppose the challenge comes in when the kittens have firearms.

EDIT: The gun on the ground at 0:24....Glock 20?!
    Hard to see. It's either a G20 or an XD.

Quote Originally Posted by PincheOgro1 View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't have put it on the ground. That's silly. Iwould have reholstered it too.
    I have responded to calls similar to this several times and I honestly would prefer that you keep the gun in your hand and pointed towards the threat until the first unit arrived; then either drop the mag and put the gun on the car or on the ground. I have no idea what just happened when I arrive and I would like you and the gun to be separate as possible. Unless everything is crystal clear as soon as I arrive (not likely with all the yelling and screaming) I am probably going to prone you out and cuff you up. There is always time later to apologize and dust you off.

Quote Originally Posted by greg36ff View Post
    I have responded to calls similar to this several times and I honestly would prefer that you keep the gun in your hand and pointed towards the threat until the first unit arrived; then either drop the mag and put the gun on the car or on the ground. I have no idea what just happened when I arrive and I would like you and the gun to be separate as possible. Unless everything is crystal clear as soon as I arrive (not likely with all the yelling and screaming) I am probably going to prone you out and cuff you up. There is always time later to apologize and dust you off.
    I do not see a problem with this logic. Why is that? There are going to be several calls saying there's an MWAG. People are going to be giving your description left and right...the only problem is human perception. Enough calls come in with IDENTICAL descriptions...okay. But you have eight people calling in, viewing things from different angles, and now the incoming units get fuzzy info. I have a bright vest that I'm going to put on in the event of an incident. I know the callers are going to tell the dispatcher everything they see. Hopefully by the time the first unit arrives, things will be clear, gun in my hand.