• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Shoots Knife Weilding Maniac

OPS MARINE

Man Shoot Knife Wielding Maniac
Wielding is misspelled in the thread title. I apologize.
[video=youtube;FfDB1eVIgZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDB1eVIgZw&feature=related[/video]
Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon on the ground. I would have reholstered immediately as the threat was writhing on the ground. I would, however, wait with my hands up.

Last edited:

Gundude

[video=youtube;FfDB1eVIgZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDB1eVIgZw&feature=related[/video]
Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon on the ground. I would have reholstered immediately as the threat was writhing on the ground. I would, however, wait with my hands up.

I before E, except after C, or when sounded as A, as in neighbor and weigh.

PincheOgro1

Yeah I wouldn't have put it on the ground. That's silly. Iwould have reholstered it too.

SlackwareRobert

Don't agree on getting dirt on your protection, reload and reholster. Two shots, sounds like a good double tap. But how do you attempt to stab someone in a car? Would like to know what time the shooting happened at, we know the police were called at 3. So what was response time? Did they only pick up the pace when the shots were fired?

heliopolissolutions

If the attacker was still alive, I can understand the shooter keeping his gun in hand. The threat still exists, therefore your defenses should be primed.

I can concur that gun in hand when the 5-0 comes around is a dangerous thing.

Running around tryna stab people? Its not hard to stab kittens, but I suppose the challenge comes in when the kittens have firearms.

EDIT: The gun on the ground at 0:24....Glock 20?!

Last edited:

OPS MARINE

Don't agree on getting dirt on your protection, reload and reholster. Two shots, sounds like a good double tap. But how do you attempt to stab someone in a car? Would like to know what time the shooting happened at, we know the police were called at 3. So what was response time? Did they only pick up the pace when the shots were fired?
I thought about this, too, but it seems as though the shooter was trying to put his child in the car seat while this idiot was slashing at people. Before he could get into the car, he got approached and the slasher found himself on the bad end of a good decision.

I don't think we have any way of knowing, aside from contacting the PD, the response time.

OPS MARINE

If the attacker was still alive, I can understand the shooter keeping his gun in hand. The threat still exists, therefore your defenses should be primed.

I can concur that gun in hand when the 5-0 comes around is a dangerous thing.

Running around tryna stab people? Its not hard to stab kittens, but I suppose the challenge comes in when the kittens have firearms.

EDIT: The gun on the ground at 0:24....Glock 20?!
Hard to see. It's either a G20 or an XD.

greg36ff

Yeah I wouldn't have put it on the ground. That's silly. Iwould have reholstered it too.

I have responded to calls similar to this several times and I honestly would prefer that you keep the gun in your hand and pointed towards the threat until the first unit arrived; then either drop the mag and put the gun on the car or on the ground. I have no idea what just happened when I arrive and I would like you and the gun to be separate as possible. Unless everything is crystal clear as soon as I arrive (not likely with all the yelling and screaming) I am probably going to prone you out and cuff you up. There is always time later to apologize and dust you off.

OPS MARINE

I have responded to calls similar to this several times and I honestly would prefer that you keep the gun in your hand and pointed towards the threat until the first unit arrived; then either drop the mag and put the gun on the car or on the ground. I have no idea what just happened when I arrive and I would like you and the gun to be separate as possible. Unless everything is crystal clear as soon as I arrive (not likely with all the yelling and screaming) I am probably going to prone you out and cuff you up. There is always time later to apologize and dust you off.
I do not see a problem with this logic. Why is that? There are going to be several calls saying there's an MWAG. People are going to be giving your description left and right...the only problem is human perception. Enough calls come in with IDENTICAL descriptions...okay. But you have eight people calling in, viewing things from different angles, and now the incoming units get fuzzy info. I have a bright vest that I'm going to put on in the event of an incident. I know the callers are going to tell the dispatcher everything they see. Hopefully by the time the first unit arrives, things will be clear, gun in my hand.