• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a very interesting conversation with a Pamona LEO

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
My question wasn't rhetorical. I meant no disrespect. I honestly wondered that. It seems quite probably to me in these times that a LEA would only have their officers swear an oath to them, and not that pesky US Constitution.

cato

I was only answering muds question and never saw any disrespect in the asking. In my career, I've been 'sworn in' three times. And yes there are bad apples. Hope I'm in a position to change that. Many 'issues' will be cleared up when we have clearer case law and better training on gun/self defense issues in the future.

Carry on!

cato

I am from Washington state where you can OC loaded just about everywhere. I got ststioned at Camp Pendelton about 5 months ago and have yet to work up the courage to UOC so I don't down here. I still ask every cop when I get the chance, what his opinion is on OC and if he has encountered it before. .This weekend I visited a friends family in Victorville and we were invited to a BBQ by one of their friends. Turns out this guy is a Pamona LEO. I eventually squeezed OC into the nights conversation asking him if he has ever encountered it in his 23 years as a LEO. He said that he had not but did have this to say; "You know in California you can carry a gun on your hip in a holster in plain view, its totally legal. So you got this group of people who do this with their sole intent being to provoke the police into an encounter then sue them for whatever. The kicker is that the gun has to be unloaded...hahahaha. I would like to show them how useless an unloaded gun is when I put one square in their dome. What a bunch of idiots." I was furious but I had to bite my tongue so as not to get into a giant debate and ruin the evening for my friends family. Unbelievable.

If you could give up his name we could deal with this 'lack of understanding' on his part.

Last edited:

Gooelf

Ya know. I've been thinking. This "COP" that said he'd put a bullet in the head of an OCer. Wouldn't that be considered MURDER ? I mean a law abiding citizen being shot for no reason. It sounds like MURDER to me.

Another thing This cop and others say open carry is a waste. Well Haven't cops been killed and THEY are LOC. A gun is nothing more than a deterrent. It's not gonna stop all the crazies. It'll make the ones that have INTENT think twice. Which is another argument FOR open carry. Unloaded or Loaded.

Agreed. And I must say many times when officers are shot/killed it's one officer with one gun and no one else around, the idea around multiple cops answering a dangerous call is protection in numbers. If more citizens were carrying more of the time, it deters crime by the mentality, "I might get him, but if I do there's twenty plus that will get me..." This in effect might help more cops as well since they'll not only be protected by their own firearm, but that of the citizens he is supposed to be serving.

OPS MARINE

This is a little unsettling and I'm not even going to pretend I know where this Officer is coming from. I think that OCing in Pomona is a must do. I can't go, but will be there in spirit. I have never wanted to provoke anyone with the weapon, but quite the opposite.

In all of my contact with Law Enforcement, NONE of it has been negative.

cato

This is a little unsettling and I'm not even going to pretend I know where this Officer is coming from. I think that OCing in Pomona is a must do. I can't go, but will be there in spirit. I have never wanted to provoke anyone with the weapon, but quite the opposite.

In all of my contact with Law Enforcement, NONE of it has been negative.

A PRAR to Pomona PD to see if any training has happened might be in order...

Roadrunner1

This sounds like something a guy I know with the Pomona Police Department would do. Does he have the initials WL or BL ?

Last edited:

Wc

WHOA! on Pullnshoot25, posted 6,836 @ CGN has been banned by Librarian?

WHOA! on Pullnshoot25, posted 6,836 @ CGN has been banned by Librarian, posted 6,389, as moderator in favor over Ron-Solo, posted 1,674 and/or meangreen46, posted 149?

Is this whole thing's faulty by OP?

So, there is no 1A @ CGN?

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
WHOA! on Pullnshoot25, posted 6,836 @ CGN has been banned by Librarian, posted 6,389, as moderator in favor over Ron-Solo, posted 1,674 and/or meangreen46, posted 149?

Is this whole thing's faulty by OP?

So, there is no 1A @ CGN?

I don't know the context of what you are referring to, but it is definitely off topic in this thread (and this forum).

And no, there is no 1A on CGN. It is privately owned by Kestrel. He is king there. You play by his rules and whim when you go there. (And remember not to confuse CGN with CGF.)

I didn't know Librarian was made a moderator. Good for him. I've sat at the same table with both of them (Librarian and Pullnshoot25) and they are both good people. Don't get worked up over any threadlocks or temporary bannings. If Librarian did it, it was most likely called for. He's a very mellow guy.