Thread: Meijer (Waterford)

Meijer (Waterford)

does anyone know the firearm corporate policy need to look at it

Banned
    i believe their policy is to follow state law

Banned
    I have carried there a few times. No issues.

I heard that they leave it up to the individual manager(not store,manager...you could be kicked out at 6am but welcomed in at 6pm)

but this is merely hearsay.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

meijer

i was followed but not asked to leave the loss prevention called WPD on me the 2 officers were arguing with each other about OC they said i checked out and sent me on my way the los prevention lady said where i could hear her you mean your not going to arrest him they said no. She followed me for 15 min while in store. They waited until i got into my car to pull me over but the Waterford officers were very polite and well informed.

'You mean you're not going to arrest him for doing something perfectly legal? Why not?!'

Glad they were informed. It's disappointing that it even became an issue, let alone that the police had to make sure you 'checked out' and didn't do something else.

the PD's are going to eventually get sick of 911 MWAG calls. We should honestly start trying to broaden our horizons and start educating 911 operators.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned
    I don't feel they had the right to pull you over.

We do need to educate 911 and the general public, so that the 911 people dont fall into a "boy who cried wolf" situation and fail to act when needed.

Open carry in a Meijer store is controlled by the store manager. Many follow the State law, Commerce township has not been friendly to OC or CC.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    correct mitch, i was told no OC in marysville and was told yes in lenox twp. i also put in a call to corporate, they said it's up to the individual store.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    correct mitch, i was told no OC in marysville and was told yes in lenox twp. i also put in a call to corporate, they said it's up to the individual store.
    I carried the day of the Marysville picnic openly in Meijer with no issues. Then again, so did about 6 other people.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Hate to necropost but does anybody have an email or letter from Meijer stating their policy is to follow state law but leave final discretion to the manager?

Thanks,

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    no, i don't think anyone has it in writing, but when i called meijer corporate they told me over the phone that they leave it up to each store.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch View Post
    Open carry in a Meijer store is controlled by the store manager. Many follow the State law, Commerce township has not been friendly to OC or CC.
    aamitch - i got kicked out of that meijer too. that store and 2 others were robbed at gunpoint last january very early morning all on the same day. i like to point that out to them.