Thread: Open carry in Shelby and Richland county

Post Open carry in Shelby and Richland county

Started oc in my small town of Shelby earlier this summer. Have not seen anyone else around here doing it at all. I am looking to start a group or at least organize a walk or picnic before winter. If anyone is interested please let me know. I also am a co-leader of the group Richland county citizens for the second ammendment. We are looking for members in the area. We hosted a cornhole tournament in July at Marshall park.

Wondering where everyone is? Let's educate the public and law enforcment. I think that it is horrble that only one department in Richland county knew about oc. The ladies at the sheriffs office had no clue. I have been advised by all LE not to do it but if we do not exercise our rights we will loose them

Shelby County is close enough for me to make some events.

I live in Madison I have been told by the city law director there is no policy when encountering a person who open carries. I also got berated by the cop I talked to in Mansfield I think she was some sort of public relation thingy. I asked and always get stone walled and advised not to or I may get charged with what I do not know. I think if we did a walk we need cameras and a lawyer on tap. If the lawyer knows his stuff his fees will be paid by the LEO's who violate our rights. I would be game if we could protect ourselves with numbers cameras and a few lawyers who would also be carrying with us.
    Last edited by 2ndsight; 09-02-2010 at 03:42 PM.