• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops called on me

OrangeIsTrouble

No laws broken, why bother explaining yourself? It's not as if you need permission. Other than this state making you pay to CC of course...

j2l3

I recommend letting it go... their overreaction is not your problem.

It's also possible, that it had noting to do with you. Though that would seem unlikely if what you describe is true.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

You did nothing wrong, let it go.
Don't let others make you feel guilty or like you gotta clear up you are a good guy for exercising your lawfully protected rights.

amlevin

Relax. You don't even know if the whole story is BS or not.

The idea is to carry legally, go about your business, and be polite IF contacted. Don't worry about anything that didn't involve you directly.

Ajetpilot

Forget about it.

Why would you want to call them?

If you follow the advise on this thread regarding contacts by LE, you know that the first words out of your mouth should be, "Officer, am I being detained , or am I free to go?" If free to go, say have a nice day and leave. If you are being detained say, "I'm sorry officer, but I refuse to answer any questions, and I do not consent to any searches." That is all you say. Why would you want to contact them if you are not going to answer their questions anyway?

Forget about it.

joejoejoe

Call them, and meet them at the same gas station. Tell them you are the guy with the gun. When they arrive, wave your gun around frantically so they see you!

I,d forget about it too. You should just be thankful you were not there when they arrived. Five cops harassing you would suck. People are gonna freak out when they "see" a gun, and we have to deal with whatever comes our way in a polite and legal manner. Making OC a daily reality to others will not be an easy thing. Just keep fighting the good fight and never CC!!!

I told the City Hall CC looks way more suspicious than OC if someone happens to figure out you are CCing. Point proven.

Joe~

WinchesterModel12

The gas station probably has cameras and if they really wanted to contact you they could track you down through your friends license plate number. If they reviewed the cameras they saw nothing that needed a follow up.
No need to contact them for any reason.

OrangeIsTrouble

You go out and whack hornets nest's like pinyata's too? I'd leave it alone.

What a coincidence, I just discovered a hornets nest in my neighbors pear tree (technically) yesterday and was thinking of throwing a rock at it at night.....thing that pissed me off was that she knew about it for weeks, and didn't tell anybody....not frequently but on rare occasions kids do climb that tree and pick the pears...

amlevin

What a coincidence, I just discovered a hornets nest in my neighbors pear tree (technically) yesterday and was thinking of throwing a rock at it at night.....thing that pissed me off was that she knew about it for weeks, and didn't tell anybody....not frequently but on rare occasions kids do climb that tree and pick the pears...

It's more fun to spray them with Hair Spray and then finish it off by using the hair spray as a flame thrower.

MKEgal

It's more fun to spray them with Hair Spray and then finish it off by using the hair spray as a flame thrower.

Wait until night, when practically all of them are in the nest.
Use expanding foam insulation spray to seal the mouth of the nest.
If you can remove it from the tree, set fire to the nest.
Alternatively, spray wasp killer up into the nest, THEN use the foam insulation.

Metalhead47

Wait until night, when practically all of them are in the nest.
Use expanding foam insulation spray to seal the mouth of the nest.
If you can remove it from the tree, set fire to the nest.
Alternatively, spray wasp killer up into the nest, THEN use the foam insulation.

But remember, before trying ANY of the above proposed remedies, FIRST MAKE SURE to set up a video camera on a tripod with a good view, so everyone can see the inevitable results of the OP running around yelling & screaming being chased by angry hornets. And for gosh sakes' try not to knock over the camera! 1093.gifsmileypopcorneating.gifth_disdain28.gif

OrangeIsTrouble

Oh yeah, the neighbor lady is definitely going to love this, I bet she will take revenge on me by calling the cops (I kid you not, she is wacko) when I oc in my yard. Remember, the hornets nest is not in my yard, if it was, all hell would have already been broken loose. ;)

jt59

Entimology 101

Leave it to a professional

Leave it till winter...they all die anyway.

No joke, if you decide to tackle this yourself....wait until dark, pick a very cool night, use indirect light...find out what kind they are....some are much more aggressive....

Yellow jackets (standard "yellow" and black - not likely as they are ground dwellers)
Bald face hornets (white face and black & white stripes)....these guys are particularly mean little bastards....and pretty stout!

I think insecticide up the main door to soak 'em overnight is better than the frrreezzer stuff,....

I've been caught in a flurry a couple of times...they can mobilize faster than you can shoot and reload.....and been stung 30+ times in less than 15 seconds....have some antihistamines on board JIC.

Or just wait until the Wacko lady comes out and get out your trusty singshot and marble bag. :lol:.........and let her deal.

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef620.asp

http://www.interestinganimals.net/hornet_nest_removal/hornet_nest_removal.html

Oh yeah, the neighbor lady is definitely going to love this, I bet she will take revenge on me by calling the cops (I kid you not, she is wacko) when I oc in my yard. Remember, the hornets nest is not in my yard, if it was, all hell would have already been broken loose. ;)

OrangeIsTrouble

Or just wait until the Wacko lady comes out and get out your trusty singshot and marble bag. :lol:.........and let her deal.

Kind of what I was thinking....do some sniping late at night and try get the nest to fall to the ground...and hope I am not responsible for someones death by hornets!!!!

Oh, and they are black and yellow.

Last edited:

jt59

Well, that's good.

Your likely dealing with mean german shepards instead of mean pit bulls.

Still, a can of hornet spray from HD should do the trick if you can get within 15-20 feet....leave the nest alone for a day or two and observe activity from your sniper position....any late soldiers return, nick them off a few at a time with the spray...after the majority of them appear to be dead, you're probl'y ok to knock it down....but, in reality, it's not likely they'll come back and reuse it, they don't do that....and if you leave it there, the kid's in the 'hood won't mess with it, point it out to the wacko, and she'll just put up a few more 'fridgerator doors for wall paper, and you get all the pears!

Hat/hoodie, long jeans, fall jacket, mid weight gloves are likely sufficient PPE's

But, If you really want to stir up a hornets nest, you could just go to the library on south hill...to research how to safely take down a hornets nest. :D

jt

Last edited: