Thread: Where to find Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 ultracompact?

Where to find Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 ultracompact?

After two let downs, my wife is still looking for "her" carry gun. She was thinking of a Cz 82, but after doing some searching on her own (without my bad juju to taint the hunt), she's just about sold on a Bersa Thunder .380, which I know is a decent gun, despite the caliber (no, let's not start another caliber war ), and I think a few folks on here carry one as well. Anyways, she's been trying to track down the larger Bersa Thunder ultracompact, just to take a look before she makes a final decision. She's been to half a dozen different shop up north here in the last couple days, plenty of .380s, no Ultracompacts. Even the online sellers are pretty dry. Any of y'all down south happen to come across a place that has one in stock lately, by chance? I think she's pretty much sold on the .380 by now, and no point gallivanting all over the Sound if no one has the others in stock anyway.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I just check galleryofguns.com and they list several Bersa Thunders in stock. I've never used them but you find the FFL you want to use, send the Gallery of Gun's the deposit money and they ship everything to the FFL for you to fill out the paperwork etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 911Grunt View Post
    I just check galleryofguns.com and they list several Bersa Thunders in stock. I've never used them but you find the FFL you want to use, send the Gallery of Gun's the deposit money and they ship everything to the FFL for you to fill out the paperwork etc.
    Interesting site but not what what I need. She just wants to look at one of the ultracompacts (to compare to the .380), so an online order won't work. If we can't find one local she'l probably just get the .380.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Here is the link to dealers that carry the Bersa brand.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/dealers
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Discount Guns in everett is where my wife got her bersa .380. $400.00

Quote Originally Posted by tat2ed_guy View Post
    Discount Guns in everett is where my wife got her bersa .380. $400.00

I paid $250 at Federal Way Discount Guns for my wifes Bersa .380. New in box.

They "may" have the larger Bersa. Might be worth calling them.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    There is a pawn shop up here in Oak Harbor. It's on Ault Field Road in between the two gates to the Naval Air Station. I think it is called Rings and Things? Three or four weeks ago they had a very sweet Kel-Tec P-11 with a laser, holster, whole deal. Asking was $400. I would have snatched it up in a minute if I had the funds. I don't know if they still have it. I know it is not the Bersa. He may have more guns in stock now. Also, have you checked Ace Hardware in Oak Harbor?
    Heh, we just sold a P11 to finance the new gun. Never been to the pawn shop, we'll have to check it out. Right now the best option is a nickel .380 with lazer grips there at the Ace. Doesn't look like finding the other model is gonna work out.

bersa

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    After two let downs, my wife is still looking for "her" carry gun. She was thinking of a Cz 82, but after doing some searching on her own (without my bad juju to taint the hunt), she's just about sold on a Bersa Thunder .380, which I know is a decent gun, despite the caliber (no, let's not start another caliber war ), and I think a few folks on here carry one as well. Anyways, she's been trying to track down the larger Bersa Thunder ultracompact, just to take a look before she makes a final decision. She's been to half a dozen different shop up north here in the last couple days, plenty of .380s, no Ultracompacts. Even the online sellers are pretty dry. Any of y'all down south happen to come across a place that has one in stock lately, by chance? I think she's pretty much sold on the .380 by now, and no point gallivanting all over the Sound if no one has the others in stock anyway.
    You might call Cabellas and ask for bill at the gun counter see what he can find

Have you checked Kesselring's? They have a basement filled with pistols. Give a call and talk to them. They'll either tell you know or someone will go and check their stock. When I bought my Sig I talked to Wayne. He called me back within the hour that they had what I was looking for.

Kesselring's Gun Shop
    360-724-3113
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Holey zombie thread Batman!

Long story short: no one no where had one, my wife now has a nice lil' Bersa 380 with lazer grips that she absolutely loves (and has had it for a few weeks now ).

Now someone please put a bullet in this thead's head before it bites another one and we have a full blown apocalypse on our hands.

I bought 2 Bersa Thunder's ,1 for myself and 1 for my daughter from Federalway discount guns and they seemed to have the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    I bought 2 Bersa Thunder's ,1 for myself and 1 for my daughter from Federalway discount guns and they seemed to have the best price.
    What did you pay, if I might ask? IIRC my wife's was $480 before tax, and that's with the Crimson Trace grips. At an Ace Hardware no less

When I bought them they were $229.00 .I believe they are $ 249 now.However Champion was asking over 3 for the same gun at the time.

I bought my Bersa Thunder .380 Limited Edition at Cabelas for $250 out the door, not long after they opened.
    At the time they had the best price around and well I wanted to visit them anyways.

Probably as most are finding out, they do not stay on the shelves long, they go pretty quick.

It is nice deep cover carry it shoots well and I picked up extra magazine.

Looks like Cabelas list them for $299.00 now.

I usually bought my firearms at the Marksman in Puyallup, they moved a lot of guns and seemed to be the best price around.
    Last edited by BigDave; 10-13-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

I got my Bersa thunder cmp 45 at discount gun in everett. they usually have them in stock.