• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to find Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 ultracompact?

Metalhead47

After two let downs, my wife is still looking for "her" carry gun. She was thinking of a Cz 82, but after doing some searching on her own (without my bad juju to taint the hunt), she's just about sold on a Bersa Thunder .380, which I know is a decent gun, despite the caliber (no, let's not start another caliber war :rolleyes:), and I think a few folks on here carry one as well. Anyways, she's been trying to track down the larger Bersa Thunder ultracompact, just to take a look before she makes a final decision. She's been to half a dozen different shop up north here in the last couple days, plenty of .380s, no Ultracompacts. Even the online sellers are pretty dry. Any of y'all down south happen to come across a place that has one in stock lately, by chance? I think she's pretty much sold on the .380 by now, and no point gallivanting all over the Sound if no one has the others in stock anyway.

911Grunt

I just check galleryofguns.com and they list several Bersa Thunders in stock. I've never used them but you find the FFL you want to use, send the Gallery of Gun's the deposit money and they ship everything to the FFL for you to fill out the paperwork etc.

Metalhead47

I just check galleryofguns.com and they list several Bersa Thunders in stock. I've never used them but you find the FFL you want to use, send the Gallery of Gun's the deposit money and they ship everything to the FFL for you to fill out the paperwork etc.

Interesting site but not what what I need. She just wants to look at one of the ultracompacts (to compare to the .380), so an online order won't work. If we can't find one local she'l probably just get the .380.

Metalhead47

There is a pawn shop up here in Oak Harbor. It's on Ault Field Road in between the two gates to the Naval Air Station. I think it is called Rings and Things? Three or four weeks ago they had a very sweet Kel-Tec P-11 with a laser, holster, whole deal. Asking was $400. I would have snatched it up in a minute if I had the funds. I don't know if they still have it. I know it is not the Bersa. He may have more guns in stock now. Also, have you checked Ace Hardware in Oak Harbor?

Heh, we just sold a P11 to finance the new gun. Never been to the pawn shop, we'll have to check it out. Right now the best option is a nickel .380 with lazer grips there at the Ace. Doesn't look like finding the other model is gonna work out.

1911er

bersa

After two let downs, my wife is still looking for "her" carry gun. She was thinking of a Cz 82, but after doing some searching on her own (without my bad juju to taint the hunt), she's just about sold on a Bersa Thunder .380, which I know is a decent gun, despite the caliber (no, let's not start another caliber war :rolleyes:), and I think a few folks on here carry one as well. Anyways, she's been trying to track down the larger Bersa Thunder ultracompact, just to take a look before she makes a final decision. She's been to half a dozen different shop up north here in the last couple days, plenty of .380s, no Ultracompacts. Even the online sellers are pretty dry. Any of y'all down south happen to come across a place that has one in stock lately, by chance? I think she's pretty much sold on the .380 by now, and no point gallivanting all over the Sound if no one has the others in stock anyway.

You might call Cabellas and ask for bill at the gun counter see what he can find

amlevin

Have you checked Kesselring's? They have a basement filled with pistols. Give a call and talk to them. They'll either tell you know or someone will go and check their stock. When I bought my Sig I talked to Wayne. He called me back within the hour that they had what I was looking for.

Kesselring's Gun Shop
360-724-3113

Metalhead47

Holey zombie thread Batman!:eek:

Long story short: no one no where had one, my wife now has a nice lil' Bersa 380 with lazer grips that she absolutely loves (and has had it for a few weeks now :rolleyes:).

Now someone please put a bullet in this thead's head before it bites another one and we have a full blown apocalypse on our hands. :cool:

DEROS72

I bought 2 Bersa Thunder's ,1 for myself and 1 for my daughter from Federalway discount guns and they seemed to have the best price.

DEROS72

When I bought them they were $229.00 .I believe they are $ 249 now.However Champion was asking over 3 for the same gun at the time.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I bought my Bersa Thunder .380 Limited Edition at Cabelas for $250 out the door, not long after they opened.
At the time they had the best price around and well I wanted to visit them anyways.

Probably as most are finding out, they do not stay on the shelves long, they go pretty quick.

It is nice deep cover carry it shoots well and I picked up extra magazine.

Looks like Cabelas list them for $299.00 now.

I usually bought my firearms at the Marksman in Puyallup, they moved a lot of guns and seemed to be the best price around.

Last edited:

gtparlette

I got my Bersa thunder cmp 45 at discount gun in everett. they usually have them in stock.