Thread: OC Missouri / Coming from AR to Branson

OC Missouri / Coming from AR to Branson

Hello everyone... I have my CHL from Arkansas, and I know that carrys over into Missouri. I've seen information about Misouri is open carry, but I have also read that each jurisdiction has their own governing OCing. I'm traveling to Branson (which I kow OC is prohibited) through Harrison, AR, but I want to get more information about on my way to branson.

Thanks for the help.

-Chris Fairfield

oc in branson

Sir, i have yet to have a problem ocing in the branson area, my wifes parents live in the area and we go down from springfield quite often, oc in most cities in the southwest mo area is legal, i would not foresee any probs on your trip, but as i always say do your homework. also visit us on our facebook site www.opencarryinmo.com

Thank you. I was referring to a list (http://www.natesit.com/oc/mooc.htm) that was posted another post (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-City-Chart/). After further reading (on page two) it says the list is for non-permit carriers.

I'm not too sure if I would have the balls to actually do it! I can't afford jacking up my vacation!!

If something is said to me -- I don't know MO law enough to protect my own rights! - if that makes any sense at all.
    Last edited by cfairfield; 08-30-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfairfield View Post

If something is said to me -- I don't know MO law enough to protect my own rights! - if that makes any sense at all.
    that actually makes perfect sense. while you may know AR's gun laws backwards and forwards, being that well versed in MO's just for a vacation doesn't really seem necessary. know what you need to know of course to remain legal and enjoy your trip.

if i were just going to AR for a week i would just go with a general synopsis, not all of the finer details.

then there is IL. you get half a word wrong or out of place and you're in for it! i have family there but i REALLY HATE that state. so many darn P's and Q's to follow.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Thanks. I'm looking for exactly that... the basics. I'm just trying to do my homework. Researching I see different topics wich say no-go in branson - then I get real people saying its a go.

I'm just getting real freaking confused!!

the Branson city code is strange too.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/136...97FIDEPRPOUSWE

(e)
    No person shall carry upon any street, highway, public thoroughfare, public lot or other lot or property open to the public a firearm or projectile weapon while such weapon or firearm is loaded with ammunition or projectiles or other devices or is so equipped or rigged in a manner which would allow such firearm or projectile weapon the capability of the discharge of such ammunition and/or projectiles, unless granted a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to RSMo 571.010571.121.

sounds like you could OC (without a CCW) but it can't be loaded. are we in California?
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

(e)
    No person shall carry upon any street, highway, public thoroughfare, public lot or other lot or property open to the public a firearm or projectile weapon while such weapon or firearm is loaded with ammunition or projectiles or other devices or is so equipped or rigged in a manner which would allow such firearm or projectile weapon the capability of the discharge of such ammunition and/or projectiles, unless granted a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to RSMo 571.010—571.121.
    I am also going to Branson in a few weeks. I am assuming by this code that i shouldnt have any problems with CC? Anyone have any suggestions or dos and donts? Bad experiences in Branson?
    Last edited by Jaysann22; 08-31-2010 at 11:13 AM.

concealed carry is state law and cannot be trumped by any municipality. you only need to abide by the rules of CC.

one day OC will be like this....one day.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    concealed carry is state law and cannot be trumped by any municipality. you only need to abide by the rules of CC.

one day OC will be like this....one day.
    Would silver dollar city be considered a gated amusement park?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post
    Would silver dollar city be considered a gated amusement park?
    uhh, yes.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    uhh, yes.
    sorry i know that sounded dumb but i've never been. However, i should be able to carry everywhere else in branson correct? resturants? shops?