• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Missouri / Coming from AR to Branson

cfairfield

Hello everyone... I have my CHL from Arkansas, and I know that carrys over into Missouri. I've seen information about Misouri is open carry, but I have also read that each jurisdiction has their own governing OCing. I'm traveling to Branson (which I kow OC is prohibited) through Harrison, AR, but I want to get more information about on my way to branson.

Thanks for the help.

-Chris Fairfield

opencarryinmo

oc in branson

Sir, i have yet to have a problem ocing in the branson area, my wifes parents live in the area and we go down from springfield quite often, oc in most cities in the southwest mo area is legal, i would not foresee any probs on your trip, but as i always say do your homework. also visit us on our facebook site www.opencarryinmo.com

cfairfield

Last edited:

Broondog

If something is said to me -- I don't know MO law enough to protect my own rights! - if that makes any sense at all.

that actually makes perfect sense. while you may know AR's gun laws backwards and forwards, being that well versed in MO's just for a vacation doesn't really seem necessary. know what you need to know of course to remain legal and enjoy your trip.

if i were just going to AR for a week i would just go with a general synopsis, not all of the finer details.

then there is IL. you get half a word wrong or out of place and you're in for it! i have family there but i REALLY HATE that state. so many darn P's and Q's to follow.

cfairfield

Thanks. I'm looking for exactly that... the basics. I'm just trying to do my homework. Researching I see different topics wich say no-go in branson - then I get real people saying its a go.

I'm just getting real freaking confused!!

Broondog

the Branson city code is strange too.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/13...IPR_ARTIVOFAGPUHESA_DIV1GE_S58-97FIDEPRPOUSWE

(e)
No person shall carry upon any street, highway, public thoroughfare, public lot or other lot or property open to the public a firearm or projectile weapon while such weapon or firearm is loaded with ammunition or projectiles or other devices or is so equipped or rigged in a manner which would allow such firearm or projectile weapon the capability of the discharge of such ammunition and/or projectiles, unless granted a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to RSMo 571.010—571.121.

sounds like you could OC (without a CCW) but it can't be loaded. are we in California?

Jaysann22

(e)
No person shall carry upon any street, highway, public thoroughfare, public lot or other lot or property open to the public a firearm or projectile weapon while such weapon or firearm is loaded with ammunition or projectiles or other devices or is so equipped or rigged in a manner which would allow such firearm or projectile weapon the capability of the discharge of such ammunition and/or projectiles, unless granted a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to RSMo 571.010—571.121.

I am also going to Branson in a few weeks. I am assuming by this code that i shouldnt have any problems with CC? Anyone have any suggestions or dos and donts? Bad experiences in Branson?

Last edited:

Jaysann22

concealed carry is state law and cannot be trumped by any municipality. you only need to abide by the rules of CC.

one day OC will be like this....one day.

Would silver dollar city be considered a gated amusement park?