• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gboro Open Carry meet up at Starbucks off Berkley?

OC-Advocate

Me- 25ish white male with his daughter at Starbucks.

You-non creepy or skeezy chill person.

I like long walks on the beach and you know karaoke....uh. You know the drill.

Prefer .45 caliber to anything else, but I won't be an absolute snob about a .40
I will however ignore you if I see you with a 9mm.

Time? around 6pmish. Be there, or be square.

sultan62

Wow. My assumption was Greensboro, since that's what I've always heard called Gboro. Looking at OP's location, I would say Goldsboro. Good spot preble.

OC-Advocate

I will be setting something up in the near future again. Not so last minute as this time.
Awkward enough, one of my friends in the AF calls me up and mentions this thread...

Northerner

If it is Goldsboro this weekend, I am in. Maybe a little earlier too. I can visit my wife at the Wayne Memorial ER (she works there) using that as my cover for being in Goldsboro.

OC-Advocate

I kid I kid...

Blame it on the military. After watching so many bodies NOT hit the floor after putting a coupla rounds into them I have developed a mild concern for anything below a .40 cal.

Personal preference really, I truly have nothing against people who carry whatever THEY prefer.

It was only meant to be a funny.

Will a grande white mocha fix your boo boo?

*smirk*

Smith45acp

I kid I kid...

Blame it on the military. After watching so many bodies NOT hit the floor after putting a coupla rounds into them I have developed a mild concern for anything below a .40 cal.

Personal preference really, I truly have nothing against people who carry whatever THEY prefer.

It was only meant to be a funny.

Will a grande white mocha fix your boo boo?

*smirk*

Hahahahaha!!! Sensitivity training is in order

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Sometimes I carry a 9... Sometimes .40, .45, or occasionally even .38.

I've heard a lot of military folks make the same complaint about the 9mm. The counterargument to that is that the military is shooting FMJs out of their M9s, whereas most folks stateside (unless they are complete idiots) are going to be carrying JHPs, which should perform noticeably better when it matters.

PS - make it a triple-grande and we're good ;)

Anthony_I_Am

Sometimes I carry a 9... Sometimes .40, .45, or occasionally even .38.

I've heard a lot of military folks make the same complaint about the 9mm. The counterargument to that is that the military is shooting FMJs out of their M9s, whereas most folks stateside (unless they are complete idiots) are going to be carrying JHPs, which should perform noticeably better when it matters.

PS - make it a triple-grande and we're good ;)

Not trying to start a riot here, but the ex Army sniper who is now the range boss at my local range said it was because the girlies in every corner of the military now couldn't handle the 45's.

OC-Advocate

Not trying to start a riot here, but the ex Army sniper who is now the range boss at my local range said it was because the girlies in every corner of the military now couldn't handle the 45's.

Last I checked, the only people who refer to sharpshooters as "snipers" were tactitards and Tom Beringer fans.

And there were many reasons why the .45 was removed as a service weapon from the Army. Had nothing to do with the women.

It more or less had to with Nato and their sensitivities. The Beretta 91 was a piece of **** but it was shoved down our throats. After many of them blowing up in soldiers faces they fixed them and now we have the 92FS. 9mm parabellum sucks for personal defense, but you are right. It is the fmj rounds in conjunctions with the ****** caliber.

Last edited: