• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amazing OC Experience

cmlewis184

Every time I go to Sheetz, I OC. I usually CC when it's convenient but after an incident with a drunk patron harassing my friends I decided to OC all the time.

Anyway, I was at the Sheetz on Alamance Road in Burlington around 10pm on Saturday with some friends. A man wearing business casual starts talking to my friend, all the while I'm thinking "oh crap, I hope that's not the manager asking why I have a gun, or trying to throw me out". It turns out, this guy was running for US congress and liked the dumb inspirational quote on the back of my friend's shirt.

Being somewhat politically minded, I started talking to him. We talked about fiscal responsibility, social conservatism, education and busing, then, in the middle of the conversation, he pointed at my gun and said "open carry, I like that." He was completely unfazed that I was carrying and was supportive of my right to do so.

If I lived in the 13th district I would SO vote for this guy. Too bad I'm in the Chicago-style corrupt 12th district.
Here's his website: http://www.randallforcongress.com/

nobama

yea, he was one of the speakers at the Restore the constitution Rally in Greensboro. Which was an OC event. I liked what he had to say.

Northerner

Randall for Congress
www.randallforcongress.com
Bill Randall is a Conservative candidate running for the North Carolina 13th District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. He seeks to challenge incumbent Brad Miller (D-NC) in Nov. 2010.

Not my voting district but here is his weblink to learn more about him.

cricketdad

Randall for Congress
www.randallforcongress.com
Bill Randall is a Conservative candidate running for the North Carolina 13th District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. He seeks to challenge incumbent Brad Miller (D-NC) in Nov. 2010.

Not my voting district but here is his weblink to learn more about him.

He is just one of the many candidates that has the support of GRNC.

nobama

I used to visit Sheetz in Walkertown often because I used to live in Walkertown, but not too much anymore. I have OC in Piccolo Mianos (spelling) in the same shopping center, good place to OC,lots of exposure.